crashed & burned today looking for arrowheads

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kriket, Aug 29, 2006.

1. kriket

kriket New Member

HEE!!! HEE!!! I am laughing b/c you all would have laughed if you had seen me. I was on a rocky incline and lost my footing and down I went. KABOOM!!!

I then slid down the rocks, had shorts on too, which felt real good. End result, I have a big bruise and a lot of scratches, but I am ok. I am sure I will be sore tomorrow. Found the best arrowhead I've ever found though, so it was worth it all.
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]
  2. kriket

kriket New Member

The only thing worth taking pic. of was the arrowhead. I was by myself, so I am glad that I was able to get up and shake it off. LOL My boyfriend usually goes with me, this was the first time I went alone. He had a fit when he saw my leg.

Kriket
  3. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Tuck and roll?

That is what my kids always told me is tuck and roll mom..and in the past few years I have had to remember that!!

We have found a few very few arrowheads around here..you must be better at the hunt than we are..

My nephew..found and axe head this spring that he was so proud of..and he should be it was nice..

Glad you had a good time..and as they say even with the fall...you got it..so THAT MAKES YOU THE WINNER!!!!

Tami
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

tuck and roll? OOOH WEEEE!!!! That would have really hurt. I was at the top of a hill that had tons of sharp rocks all the way down it. I think I left skid marks.LOL On the hill that is!! LOL

Kriket
    [This Message was Edited on 08/29/2006]
  5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you weren't too badly wounded. Next time take a camerman.

Seriously, take somebody. What if you were seriously hurt and alone?

Can you post a pic of some of you arrowheads? When I was a kid I had an obsidian arrowhead. Wonder whatever happened to it. It was big now that I think of it. Might have been made for a spear.
  6. kriket

kriket New Member

I will post some of my collection sometime on my profile picture.
    Most of the ones I have found are made from sugarquartz, which is a real hard stone. Arrowheads made from rock were harder to make than they were from flint.

Flint chips much easier and is easier to shape than rock, but yea sometime soon I will post and share a pic. of some of my findings.
    I had my cell phone in my back pocket today, so if I would have fallen and hurt myself too badly, guess I could have called someone.

My dad only lives about 2-3 miles from where I was at. I will probably never go alone again anyway. It kind of scared my b/f after he saw what I had done.

He was fishing a tournament and I was so tired of sitting around in the house, so I decided to go out for a little venture. I'll probably be sitting around the house for a couple of days due to being sore after my outdoor adventure!!!

Kriket
  7. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

Sorry you took the dive, but am so glad you didn't come back empty handed!

I have a huge collection myself and rarely get to go with anyone. No one else will stay out as long as I do.

I'm wondering if the sugar quartz is the same thing as Tallahata Quartzite. That is used around here quite often and is usually found in the more recent sites such as the woodland period. It is an imported stone from Alabama and may be in other states also. Just curious.

I would LOVE to see some of your collection. Mine ranges from 95,000 year old points to 800 year old points.
  8. kriket

kriket New Member

I would love to see some of your collections too. Maybe sometime you could post a pic. of some of your findings. Too bad we live so far apart cause we could arrowheadhunt together.

I love to look for quite a while at one time too. It is very peaceful to me. As soon as I download a pic. from my digital camera, I will post some of what I have found.

There are huge mounds of rock at this place where I hunt for them and it also use to be a campground. Noone knows, not even the scientists how all of this rock got in this one area. There is no more anywhere around.

One speculation is that it was moved and pushed from a glacier long long ago, but they can't figure it out either.

Kriket