Crashing Hard!!!!!!!!! Have any of you heard about Dr. Lowe??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KateMac329, Mar 7, 2006.

1. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hello everyone!

Okay so you all know that throughout my pregnancy my FM and CFS were pretty much in remission. Well the FM was but the CFS is questionable.

Anyway Landon turned one month yesterday and I have been trying my hardest to keep it together, eat right, take my supplements and so on thinking that if I kept all this up the FM WOULDN'T come back.

Well I started crashing last week. HARD!!!!!! I have been feeling really horrible with all my FM symptoms coming back plus the whole Gall Bladder thing (go for ultrasound tomorrow).

Yesterday I hurt so bad I mean BAD and you all know what I am talking about when I say bad! Every movement you make hurts you but with little L Bean in the house now I can't just lay around no matter how bad I hurt.

As some of you know my depression has been pretty bad too. Last night for the FIRST time since I have been sick I actually was asking God "why me" and I was just so mad at him.

Why give me such a beautiful gift, why give me this child I didn't think I could have if you are going to let me be sick again. How can I be a good Mother? I already feel like my marriage has been robbed, I don't want my son to be robbed either!

Okay so now to the point of my questions.

It really tears my husband up to see me this sick. Before my pregnancy when I was really sick he was so angry at this illness. He couldn't understand why this happens to the good people, why this was happening to us. We live our life right and yet for some reason we are going through this.

I do truly believe that everything happens for a reason it is just sometimes hard to stay focused on that.

Okay so yesterday I was in a really bad place. While at work my husband started his research back up again and came across two Chiropractors in Boulder, Colorado who may be on to something.

Their names are Dr. Lowe, it is a man and wife team.

They have written a book called "Your Guide to Metabolic Health".

Reading about them on their website and their research proves to be very interesting!!! They talk about thyroid and metabloic function.

I don't know how many times I have had my thyroid checked only for it to come back "normal".

This seems to be the case for many of us. Tests always come back normal because although our tests are practically abnormal our results are still within this average amount. VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

How many of you have read up on this, read the book, or seen Dr. Lowe?

My husband is actually talking about sending me up to Colorado to start their treatment plan. At this point I am willing to drink snake oil if it means I have a shot at being normal again.

Thanks in advance for responding!

(((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

kate

P.S. You can google Dr. Lowe and you will find his website, pretty interesting stuff!

[This Message was Edited on 03/07/2006]
  2. Juloo

Juloo Member

His website came up a couple of years ago when I was trying to find out about 'central hypothyroidism' (hypothyroid secondary due to pituitary or hypothalamic problems vs. primary hypothyroidism).

Colorado was out of my range*, but when the FFC doctor did testing for thyroid and included T3 and rT3, she saw enough information to put me on T3.

It hasn't solved all my problems (I have EBV, C.Pneumoniae, and most probably Lyme as well -- along w/testosterone, progesterone, DHEAs, and pregnenolone deficiencies), but as of yesterday, I've lost 25 lbs. since the end of December!!!!

*I did buy his med-school-textbook-sized book on the metabolic treatment of fibromyalgia. Still trying to understand it! If I'm not mistaken, the book you describe is the layperson's version. I need to order it!
  3. hopeful4

hopeful4 New Member

Dear Kate,
    I'm so sorry that you're going through this, and with a new, beautiful baby. I don't know a thing about Drs. Lowe. I just want to encourage you to take care, and don't give up.

I know how hard that can be, and wish you all of the strength, courage, and knowledge you can get to find the answers you need. I truly believe that the answers are out there for us to find.

I don't know why bad things happen to good people (there's a great book by that name, actually it's called "When Bad Things..."). I don't believe that G-d causes these bad things. I do believe that G-d can help us through.

I'm not familiar with your whole medical story. I can tell you that I've found help at an FFC. From identifying underlying infections, hormonal imbalances, thyroid function, immune system function, and lyme disease, to treatment, and much support in between.

Whatever is best for you is what I'll pray for, that you find it, real soon.

Hugs,
    Hopeful4
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kate:
    You really recieved a beautiful gift. And I bet it was hard work to make that gift be born.
    Do not be too hard on yourself. Your body might be doing some repairing and with these disorders it is not easy.
    Give yourself a chance to recover. And you mentioned depression: what better time for post-partum depression to hit? Maybe.
    Your husband sounds like a gem and it seems he is trying so hard to understand. Just let him know you love him and I am sure you do in many ways.
    I will google Dr. Lowe for my info collection. Thank you for the lead on that.
    Hugs,
    NyroFan
  5. hopeliveshere

hopeliveshere New Member

Also look at the Marshall Protocol...Google it...it is easy to find. I will be starting it soon.

Jeannine
  6. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

t that support's thyroid function. NADH helps w/ dopamine which some believe we are low in, it seemed to help after about 2mos., it is costly though.is similar as well.

In "fatigue to fantastic", the thymus and thyroid are discussed a lot.

I like taking a supplement for the thyroid,along w/N.A.D.H. which help's w/dopamine production.

take care, talk w/ your doc. about symptom's especially depression.

claudia
  7. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I was in the same spot when I had my daughter, worse flares than ever, extreme fatigue. I felt I could barely hang in there.

You seem to have support from your husband, I did not (he is ex. now) and I had to do it all by myself while he kept the money from work instead of paying bills and went and enjoyed his "hobbies" after work.

Sorry about the rant, all I can say is it stabilized after a year, and it stabilized greatly after my little one slept better at night, waking up only briefly to feed a couple of times/night.

You are in your weakest (physical) spot right now, but it will get better. I hope things will work out in the meantime, hang in there, find the treatment you believe might help. Many hugs to you!

Lena
  8. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member

If you search for "John Lowe" here, there is a little info about him. Congratulations on your baby and wishing for good health for you. MARY
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i hope they find our gall bladder problem...i have had mine out and i do not miss the pain...i had go wait 10 years to get mine dx correctly...

but once they take it out you will physically a little better..aside from the fm...

i want my fm gone away from me...

you have a wonderful husband that is willing to work with you and your fm...mine didn't understand at the time..not sure if he completely does now...we are divorce...

for the depression i have been having a difficult time myself side effects w/meds and allergic reactions...

alot of us know about the snake oil...i just wanted to let youknw i support you on anything you do...

jodie
  10. deb06

deb06 New Member

Yes the doctor has good information. He is why I prusued thorough blood work with had previously come back normal.

I found in addition to fibro etc, I also have Hashitmoto's wehere my thyriod was at 840 vs the normal of like 3.

I also found I am in early menopause.

I thought that the treatment of hyprothyriodism would help with the depression anxiety and pain. It really didn't help that much. But with tall the sweating and body chemistry stuff it did help.

Luv, Deb

P.S.

I have thanked God many times that I didn't start getting REALLY sick until my kids were past the baby stage. There is no way I could be carrying a baby this sick. God Bless you. God would not have given you that baby if He didn't think you could handle it. He has a plan for you with everything. A plan to prosper, and you will.
  11. cindye

cindye New Member

Your son is adorable - sorry you are crashing. Do you live near a Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Center? They do additional testing of the thyroid and hormones. My daughter went and had the testing done - will get the results next week. On the first visit she received an energy IV and pain shot - she has felt some better and it has been almost four weeks now.

Don't know anything about Dr. Lowe but a chiropractor did get my daughter back on track using the guai protocol - look at "What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Fibromyalgia">

Take care!
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

what is weird about stealth infections is that your blood work may look perfectly normal...

my 18 yo son was showing all the signs of CF/FM - migrating joint pain, brain fog, low BP & pressure, 12+ hours of unrefreshed sleep, etc...

yet all 'standard' blood tests, and some not so standard, for him was normal and internist didn't know what to tell us or where to send him...

I jumped to having him tested for Lyme, and yep, sure enough, he came up positive... and his response to meds had him herxing... now they think he has another co-infection due to immunocomplexes showing up in bloodwork, etc. -- don't want to get into long story here --

-- But I do want to just give you a heads-up that your bloodwork CAN look perfectly normal on 'standard' tests and yet you can be infected with one of these nasty stealth pathogens, be it viral or bacterial.

I am so so sorry to hear you are crashing after all you've been thru!

all the best,
    Victoria