Craving Sugar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jojojem, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jojojem

jojojem New Member

I was diagnosed last year with FM.I take all my medications
    but I'm having a terrible problem craving sugar,it's so bad that I'm really concerned.I hate to say it but I just ate 6 pieces of fudge and put 2 1/2 teaspoons in my coffee.I drink a lot of water.Do I need to call my doctor (GP)and let him know this .I would appreciate all suggestions because I'm getting big as a cow.I am 5'6'and use to weigh 120 now I weigh 170.I take one drug that addsn weight,it's Elavil
    Thank You,
    JoJoJem
  2. karen55

karen55 New Member

say Elavil makes them crave sugar. For whatever reason you are craving the sugar, feeding that craving just isn't doing you any good. It's not good for your blood sugar levels, your weight, and it feeds yeast. If you don't already have a yeast problem, over indulging in sugar will almost certainly give you one, at least that's the way it was for me, and is for my daughter. You'd be doing yourself a huge favor if you can start cutting down on the sugar. I doubt if you could just stop having sugar completely if you're eating that much of it, but why not try and cut down gradually. I'm sure that would help.

Good luck.

Karen