CRAWL out of my SKIN, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lone-wolf, Aug 25, 2003.

1. lone-wolf

lone-wolf New Member

Anyone else feel like me. I get so aggitated, irritable.... anxious, smallest stress seems like a mountain, want to scream... if it would help... like I just can't handle life. God forbid somthing adverse should happen, like I broke my coffe pot this morning, then it is hard not to just have a 'snowball' day, if you know what I mean.

Somedays take a Xanax to help take the edge off. It helps some. Been diagnosed with anxiety disorders for years, but I am beginging to wonder if there is another physical reason. Is it the FM or something else?

Here's a laugh, talking about being easily irritated and I got booted off line, this is my second attempt at this posting!

Any feedback would be appreciated,
    Thanks, Karen

2. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Yes, been there. I am on Effexor. I can't handle it otherwis, but I still have days when I just want to scream, it seems like the littlest things set me off. I also take Ativan when I get over anxious. Are you taking any antidepressants? they really do help.
    tlc8858
  3. searchin4me

searchin4me New Member

sounds very similar to my bouts during my hypomanic phases of bipolar disorder. I am not suggesting that you should assume that because I say this that you are bipolar. However, I went quite a long time undiagnosed and miserable, because most people, including some doctors think that the manic/hypomanic phase of bipolar is a "happy" thing where there is excessive spending, sex, no sleep, etc. This is simply not the case. It can also be exactly as you described. I have several good web sites bookmarked with information if you are interested. Feel free to e-mail me at searchin4me@hotmail.com.

Tammie
  4. Myth

Myth New Member

I am one for supper mood bounds of overly exaggerated irritation. I am sure that it is FMS related. It is hard to think through pain on a daily basis and life's little hassles or events make me far more irritated than a normally would be. And yes this can snowball. I swear to God some of the things I say to people in my head should never be repeated out loud! And I also get road rage- athough not supper nutty road rage like you hear about- but I certainly get ticked when someone does somthing stupid. And I am USUALLY a mellow, easy going and reserved person. Just little things just get under my skin these days. I think, given all the pain I tolerate, I have a right to be moody. If I were on narcotics all the time I am sure I would be quite 'happy' and pain free.
    Myth