Crazy Neighbor again. She offered to get me a job.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 20, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

My insane neighbor got a part time job (now that she's retired). She told me she could get me on at the grocery store too as a checker. I finally just kind of yelled at her and said "are you insane or what?" Why, she asked? Because I can't stand for 1/2 hour, let along 4-6 hours. You can't? She is supposed to be my friend but she is really one of the bad applies I tossed out. She just hasn't figured that out yet.

Same neighbor that tried to humiliate me in front of a couple of neighbors I didn't know well because I didn't help move the heavy tree limbs after a storm. She made a comment to me about it and I said that our neighbors boys had volunteered to do it. She went on to make comments about me sitting in the house and doing nothing. I just waited until the others were done helping and went over to them and quietly thanked them and said that I couldn't move heavy things because I've had three epidurals in my back in the past two months. I also commented that witchy neighbor knew that and was just trying to embarass me for some unknown reason.

2. fibrohugslife

fibrohugslife New Member

She has TOXIC written all over her, and I would say that maybe make yourself scarce around her, and don't offer much information to her when you see her. Just tell thank you but no thank you. You don't need to offer up an explanation just tell her you are not interested and leave it at that.

I am slowly learning that when people know too much about my illnesses they turn into more trouble than ever and they get booted out faster than before they knew they hit the curb.

I am sorry that you are going through that and people just seem to be so ignorant and lack heart when it comes to people that are going through health issues. It bothers me that people like being that way but I can't worry about that but only be concerned about myself.

Anyway I hope this helped a little.

3. petsrme

petsrme Member

I feel you. I am constantly being told by family and friends what jobs I should do. I found a new friend who i thought was like me, couldn't work. She knew my problems and I thought she understood. When she found out I used to do counseling she told me I should go back to work, that all it took was sitting and listening. I was dumbfounded. I got fired from my job that was doing just that because I was too sick to go to work many days. I couldn't just sit and listen and had told her that. It hurt so much to hear that from her. I thought she of all people would understand because she was on disability and unable to work. Sitting and even getting up to go to work is sometimes too much for people. It is tiring to sit still all day and it is hard to get out of bed when you are in pain, have stomach problems and are fatigued.

Just ignore people who do this to you. They will NEVER understand. The only person who needs to understand is you.
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

Good grief-she sounds like a real nut. She obviously doesn't understand FMS or other chronic illnesses. I agree with others here-she's definitely is someone to stay away from. You don't need the stress and trouble she causes.

Ellen