Crazy -skin hurts when I pinch an inch -Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TaniaF, Apr 8, 2011.

1. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

i know that Fibro has tender points and I have all of them when pressed. But I also have a skin issue, when I pinch an inch of skin around my belly or other places like inner thighs it hurts and sometimes burns. Is this more myofascial pain? Never did understand this syndrome.

Does anyone else get this? I know it sounds crazy and my doctors just say "don't pinch" but the areas get sore, like the skin and muscle is aggravated. It's uncomfortable and notice it more some days versus others. I usually ice first if it really hurts and then use heat.

Please post if you have this issue.
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Your situation sounds very painful.

I do not have issues around the area you do. Some of my sorest spots are the crown of my head. If I mildly push, a bad headache starts. I do wonder about the myofascial also. And I do find it more difficult to understand.

I've found some info on the internet which helps me to understand a little more. Maybe try a search, or put up another post with a title such as 'Myofascial Pain'. I know there are others who have more knowledge than myself.

Take care,