Crazy things we did as kids. OT Diversion.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 20, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Remember when I told the story about my friend who made my day by telling another friend at my class reunion that I have good days and bad days? Quick refresh: I had to explain why I wasn't working and told about the fibro. The classmate said that I looked wonderful. That's when my friend since birth, nurse, lamaze coach, best friend stepped in and said that I had good days and bad days.

We went to lunch and shopping today and I told her about posting that on the board and how much it meant to me. She said "Well, did you also tell them that I used to put cornies in your nose when you were sleeping?" I couldn't stop laughing.

Thus, I'm starting the thread of crazy things we did to our friends as kids for a laugh. This is also the good friend that got me to lay on the ground while her and another friend practiced doing cartwheels over me. They missed on purpose! I only fell for that twice. We also tried the hand in the warm water trick (while a friend was sleeping) but it never provided the results we wanted.

I'm sure the men on the board have some really honery (sp?) ones, I know my Dad does.
  2. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Me? Do something crazy? Never! ;)

Well, once I was sharing a bed with my little brother when we were really young. There was a lot of static electriciy in the blankets. I told him that the flashes of sparks he saw were "light monsters!"
  3. petsrme

petsrme Member

I am dying to know what cornies are. All I can think of are corn puffs or corn dogs. LOL!
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

STANDARDS AND OTHER OFFICIAL NONSENSE,

CORNIES ARE

candies shaped like corn kernels, not worth eating actually, but popular at Halloween due to their appearance;

small Welsh dogs from Cornwall; Queen Elizabeth owns several.

Old jokes left over from vaudeville which have been preserved by being encased in clear lucite plastic blocks.

The longer jokes, as you might expect, would be somewhat uncomfortable if placed in the vault of the average nose.

If you found this information useful, please send a donation to your local PBS station or to the government. Both are in dire need of funds.
  5. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

You never fail to crack me up!

I think it must be the small dogs being shoved up her nose. That's the best image, anyway! "Who let the dogs out?"

Thanks for the laugh!!!
  6. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

those orange corn curl things. I think there used to be a brand called Cornies. They are probably known as corn curls. I think Cheetos makes some.
  7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member