Creatine test says I have none in my body

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zggygirl, May 30, 2003.

1. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Had the Creatine Serum test done and I have zero. So I started taking the supplement.
    Just wondering if others have had this test done, and what they were told.
    I've done research,..but still...want to know more.
    Thanks!
  2. CelticLadee

CelticLadee New Member

Hello zggygirl,
    I don't have any information for you but wanted to bump up your message so it doesn't get lost before someone who has some info. on this could help you. My best to you. CLD
  3. dd

dd New Member

Welcome to the board.

I was just going to post the same question...so, instead I will respond to yours...not that I have any answers though.

I had a lot of blood word done last week and just got the results back yesterday. I don't understand a lot of it but I noticed that some of my results came out low and some came out a little high. My Creatine levels were 9...the normal range is 30 - 135. I did a lot of research on the net last night and really could not find anything out...had brain fog really bad though. There was a lot of information on high Creatine levels but barely any on low levels. I know it has to do with muscles.

What information have you found out??? I don't have my appointment with the doc until June 10th to go over the results...the nurse sent these to me in the mail upon my request. She also told me that the doc wants me to come back in to have more blood work done because of some of the results...like my IgG levels were really low and there are subsets for those tests that he wants to test for.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. Please let me know what you have found out so far...very curious too.

Peace,

Debbie
  4. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

mine were low but I can't remember the number.
    It can be associated with kidney disease so the Dr. wanted me retested. The level was fine.
    He questioned me about my habits. Ends up the day I drove to see him and got the first test it was 95 degrees , my car a/c was broken and I drove 200 miles to his office. It was retested at a local hospital where I was not exposed to that heat.
    He believed the low test was caused by getting dehydrated.
    Told me my kidneys were OK but drink my water !!!!!!!!!!!
  5. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

lets see, I was told that it produces energy to the muscles. Without it one becomes quickly fatigued compared to someone with it. It is also supposed to help pain.
    I've been taking it 2 weeks. I have noticed less but that seemed to start when I started a new pain med.
    And I have noticed that my muscles aren't twitching all the time. Do yours? Almost like tiny muscle spasms.
    I have more energy but again the pain med has an energy componant to it.
    Never try two things at once I know! But I still do it <G>

PS Thanks CLD for the bump