Creative minds! How can I deepen my bathtub?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by omm, May 6, 2003.

1. omm

omm New Member

Hi Folks, One of the few things that helps with the pain is soaking in a warm tub. Here's my problem: My tub, although normal sized, is simply not deep enough. For those of you with inventive, original or just plain whacko type of thinking, I need your help! How can I make my tub deeper? Example: I might put a barrel in the tub. I cannot afford a hot tub or jacuzzi and I live in a rented home. Any ideas at all would be immensely appreciated!!

Thank you in advance.

Cheerios,

Omm
  2. sofy

sofy New Member

They sell a product that fits over the overflow drain at the top of your tub. Its rubbery and you suction it on while you take a bath. The overflow is now at the top instead of at the bottom so you have to be a little more careful when moving about or you will get water on the floor. It does work. A wet bathtowel taid over the top of your body will make it seem more like your entire body is under water. Continually pouring hot water over the wet towel works. Close your eyes and you hardley notice you arent totally submerged.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I have two normal size tubs, and I would 'kill' for one of those old fashioned ones with the claw feet! They are so long and deep!

The top of my back by the shoulders is what gives me the most trouble, and there is just no way that I can get that much of myself submerged in these tubs.

I do what Softy said, I put a towel over my chest and shoulders, and keep putting hot water on them! It does help, but I sure would love a big old fashioned clawfooted tub!

Shalom, Shirl