Creeping Achiness/Stiffness on Right Side

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dhcpolwnk, Feb 19, 2003.

1. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

It seems to me that over the past month or so, the achiness and stiffness I've felt primarily in my right arm and shoulder are extending down my right side into my hip and right leg. Ever since my fibro diagnosis around Sept. 1 of last year, I've notice some degree of achiness and stiffness when I wake up in the morning, but this seems qualitatively different--as if the same kind of achiness in my upper right side is extending down through my lower body on the right side. Is this sort of thing typical of fibromyalgia?

--Laura R.M.
  2. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

Laura...I can say it's typical for me and I'm sure others will agree. My stiffness started 3-4 yrs ago in my right index finger aggravated by mouse clicking, moved to shoulder/neck and then down back to leg from hip to calf area causing me to limp badly at times. However, now the right side has let up some and it's gone over to my left side so I'm just hoping it doesn't hit them both at same time!

That morning stiffness is the worst & sometimes muscle relaxers help but not for everyone. For me I can only take Klonopin but I hear Flexeral is a good one for stiffness - ask your doctor which is best for you. And most important if you're not doing some kind of easy stretches to help strengthen those stiff muscles, ask about that too. Many find aqua therapy is good if you can get your insurance to pay for it...mine won't. But I'm waiting for warmer weather and plan to go on my own.

Hope that helps and hang in there...I'll be aching right alone with ya!

[ advertisement ]