Creepy crawly feeling

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Raemon, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Raemon

Raemon New Member

Hi there

I was wondering whether anybody could offer some advice.

I get a creepy crawly sensation all down my legs, back and arms. It can only be described as tingling/ prickly skin and feels like there are spiders running around underneath my skin.

It seems to be worse after alcohol and anything sugar so that perhaps points towards something happening in my gut.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Ray
  2. Jen F

Jen F New Member

I recently mentioned feeling like there were invisible ants on my skin in one of my threads.

I thought might be due to my medication at the time.

Others agreed.

Others had same thing, but not from meds. Try to do a search.

it was under one of my posts about drugs and probably something about a drug reaction.

Hope you annex those creepy crawlers,
    Jen
  3. NATUREGIRL

NATUREGIRL New Member

I kinda think its blood circulation. It seems that if I take a baby aspirin every day mine doesnt happen as often. I wonder if it has anything to do with this sticky blood syndrome some of us get?

It mainly happens to me when I first wake up in the morning like pins and needles in my hands and lower arms and sometimes in my feet and ankles. It has gotten worse as I've gotten older. It also happens during the day more and more......Suzanne
  4. Raemon

Raemon New Member

Yes I certainly sometimes get a lot of localised burning, fire ants!

It's just such a weird condition to have and try to explain
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This helps with the itching and creepy/crawly sensation. You can take a small dose during the day without getting sleepy. Using a larger dose, or regular Benadryl at bedtime helps with sleep.

Love, Mikie
  6. hazygal

hazygal New Member

For four years now. It started with an achyness that went up my legs and up through my arms... It would last about a min. And i'd feel so weak i'd have to sit down. Then this creeping sensation that I really can't describe, but i for myself at least, wouldn't describe spiders... I guess i've never really been able to describe this creeping sensation... But now the creeping sensation has turned to muscle achyness really strong in my arms. I am soooooo sick of this... Neuro's i've seen look at me like i am sick i n the head! I've got 3 brain lesions, crashing fatigue, and now hyperreflexes in my knees. Next time get your reflexes tested; they haven't tested for four years on me until now, and Neuro doc. is saying this is very abnormal. hazygal

[ advertisement ]