Creepy, crawly muscles = RLS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wildworld, Nov 26, 2006.

1. wildworld

wildworld New Member

I've noticed recently that when I'm not feeling pain in my muscles, I'm often feeling a creepy, slithery feeling that makes me crazy. It feels like what people describe "restless leg syndrome" as feeling, though it's mostly in my shoulders and arms. I know a lot of people have used RLS meds with good results. What were your symptoms? What do the meds do?
  2. wildworld

wildworld New Member

3. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

My husband cannot sit or lay down at all if he has not taken his medication for RLS.

For him it a feeling, a slight pain or pressure like his legs or arms are going to jump, but haven't yet. He doesn't get the creepy crawly, but alot of others do. It is pretty common to get creepy crawly feelings.

When his legs or arms jump you had better not be in front of them. Many a time I got kicked or hit along side the head in bed at night. RLS is not specific to the legs. His arms, legs and whole body can jump at times.

He takes Requip and cannot go without it. It works for him and gives him a normal life. He has been on it for years, but his dosages change. He can tell when the dosage has to be increased and our GP is great at agreeing. Currently he takes 4mg tablets 3-4 times a day. This is a pretty maximum dosage. 5mgs I believe is the highest they go.

I have what are called "Myoclonic Jerks" and take Mirapex for this and have had success. Minimal success so far, but a little but I have not been on that long.

I hope this helps. Your best bet is to do some research on the internet. There are some very good support sites out there.

Take care and kitten hugs,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/26/2006]
  4. katbme

katbme New Member

Hi. I am just shocked. Sometimes when I am tired my leg or arm will fly up in the air. sometimes both legs fly up at the same time. this worried me so i asked the GP and he said it's nothing to be worried about but did not take any action. this just started a few months ago. Looks like i can learn alot from the message boards.
  5. monamea

monamea New Member

I'm on Provigil for my RLS and it has helped alot. Once in a while I will still jerk awake, I have sleep apnea and narcolepsy and fall asleep easily, sometimes I jerk awake my legs and arms jerk also, it's scarry and I feel like a fool if someone is around and sees it. Alot of people don't know what's wrong and tend to laugh at you, I just ignore them. I does hurt alot.