Creepy tingling feeling?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeannedanna, Nov 29, 2002.

1. jeannedanna

jeannedanna New Member

I know this might sound odd...but I get this odd tingling..creepy crawling.. feeling in my upper part of my back below the left shoulder...its in the muscle...and I haven't had this for years...but the really bothersome part of this is that when I first got this feeling..is right before I got really sick with a sore throat and flu...and that lead to not being able to get out of bed...without help..every muscle and joint in my body hurt sooo bad that I coulden't even open my mouth to eat..or lift my arms to turn on a light..of course I went to the Dr...he did all the tests.....and aside from a slightly higher mono count..nothing was abnormal..well since then I have been told that it was Fibro...sooo now Im hurting again..not as bad..but my knees are the worst...do any of you think mayby this creepy, tingling feeling has something to do with fibro...??? would love your thoughts on this.. Thanks Jeanne
  2. jeannedanna

jeannedanna New Member

I know this might sound odd...but I get this odd tingling..creepy crawling.. feeling in my upper part of my back below the left shoulder...its in the muscle...and I haven't had this for years...but the really bothersome part of this is that when I first got this feeling..is right before I got really sick with a sore throat and flu...and that lead to not being able to get out of bed...without help..every muscle and joint in my body hurt sooo bad that I coulden't even open my mouth to eat..or lift my arms to turn on a light..of course I went to the Dr...he did all the tests.....and aside from a slightly higher mono count..nothing was abnormal..well since then I have been told that it was Fibro...sooo now Im hurting again..not as bad..but my knees are the worst...do any of you think mayby this creepy, tingling feeling has something to do with fibro...??? would love your thoughts on this.. Thanks Jeanne
  3. nitalynn

nitalynn New Member

I am currently in a flare. It started with tingling in my arm. No pain at first just tingling. It scared me because it was in my left arm. I thought maybe it was my heart but it was fine and over the next week the pain started.
  4. twjen

twjen New Member

I had this also at the begining of first bad flare of 2001.
    I had it in upper right back, right forehead, feet, hands.
    Dont know what caused it, but I know how it feels, weird.
    This flare I mostly get it in hands and feet mostly at night it wakes me up sometimes, or I feel it because I woke up. Anyway, your not alone. But if it continues, you should probably see your Dr. to check it out. Best Wishes,
    Jen
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

That creepy tingling feeling is a part of fibro for me. It doesn't even have to be associated with a flare for me; in fact, in some of my periods of less pain & discomfort, I may feel pretty good, but have more tingling and "buzzing", and it travels around my body. I just--unfortuneately--think of this as part of fibromyalgia, at least as I experience it. It is a creepy feeling (tho I'm so used to it now).

Hope you feel better...

Hugs,
    Pam
  6. Ness

Ness New Member

I have had this feeling for along time..it comes and goes and sometimes I feel like I have been plugged into an electrical socket......I had this way before I was diagnoised with Fibro.... I get it more on the left side of my body....shoulder blade area,left leg, feet, hands, face, even my head..

It use to scare me ...but now I don't panic..I just know that it will go away eventually and I will survive.

Peace
    Ness
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/29/2002]