Crickets in ears

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dandr93, Apr 24, 2007.

1. dandr93

dandr93 New Member

I have had crickets singing in my ears for years. Have had them tested. Only to find I have 50% earing loss but no reason for the crickets. Occassinally a ringing will happen a very high pitched ring. I am extremely sensitive to sound. Doctor says it is part of my fibro. Anyone else have the same problem?
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This is a very common symptom of candida and lyme disease. Perhaps FM as well.

I've had this issue for years. I have both candida and lyme. Last week after I got off a plane from Florida I noticed it was much louder and I can't hear very well. I wish I knew where the on/off switch was so that I could turn this off!

My dr told me drinking a lot of coffee can cause this too, but I don't drink a lot of coffee.

3. momblue

momblue New Member

I have ringing in my ears. Off and on, it comes and goes. Sometimes, I think my brakes are squealing when I drive but when I ask passengers in my car if they hear it....nope! At night I have to sleep with the bathroom fan on and my door open so I hear the drown on the fan, and not the ringing that is NOT the phone!
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I've had hissing and ringing in my ears for years, now. Most of the time I can ignore it, but sometiimes it is so loud, that I can't.

I've found that it's worse when I've eaten something I'm sensitive to, like wheat. It also gets worse when I have eaten something with salt, and when I have a sinus irritation.

Good luck. I hope you can find something to help this. It would be a wonderful thing.

Oh, I'm going to tell my acupuncturist about this, and see if there is anything he can do. I'll let you know if he can help me.

Peace,
    Terry
  5. kevieb

kevieb New Member

my ears have been ringing for about 18 years now. it has only been recently that i learned this was a symptom of fibro.