cried all day yesterday - my chiropractor quit taking

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 24, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

Medicaid. His office said that Medicaid took seven months to pay their bills and since it was a small amount anyway, they quit taking Medicaid patients. I am in more pain that I have ever been. I think my "vacation" did me in.

I remember when I first had to go on Medicaid and I apologized that they paid so little. He said that it didn't matter because when people are in pain they need help. I think that was the hardest part to take - he seemed so sincere. I know it is a business.

Now, I have to call all over creation to see if any others take Medicaid. There are no orthopedic drs. in my county that take it.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to have the help but when the government keeps these workers on who don't do their jobs, we all suffer.
  2. Meekah

Meekah New Member

It's bad enough that you're in pain but to get slapped in the face with this! It's not fair.

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Hugs and Prayers
    Meekah
  3. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just read your post, and I thought that it is so "double whammy" time when the doctor who was to treat you because of your pain, not your payment method, stops seeing you because of the payment. I'm so sorry that happened.

There are so many people who truly need help, but then there are the people who take advantage of the system... workers, providers, and patients...that the deserving ones get less and less help. I don't know the answer, but I am sorry you are caught in this trap. Will pray for another health care provider to help you.

Hang in there...

Sue