croc needs help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crocodile, Feb 27, 2007.

1. crocodile

crocodile New Member

hi you guys know that i'm new but i really need some feed back before fri. i go see my pain dr. then and i need some sugestions on something he can give me for my fib other than gab.[gen for neu] i need something that will help the pain but at the same time not make me feel drugged and not cause weight gain i have heard that merida is 1 and topomax any one know anything about these or do you have other sug. pleas....... i can't take much more you guys are so great there has to be an angel on your shoulders can we exchange e-mails please guys i am counting on you no one else to talk to and i can't stop crying crocodile
  2. Shalala

Shalala New Member

I am seeing a Neuro March 1st. Of course I think I am coming out of this bad flare I have been in for 2 months ... figures.

I am taking Lyrica (pain I think), Fioricet (migraines), skelaxion (muscle relaxer), Ambien (sleep), Wellbutrin (anti-depressant) ... so that is just through my PCP so it is hard to tell what the Neuro will prescibe?

Just let them know how bad you hurt and if you shed tears ... I am sure you will not be the first ;-)

Let us know how it goes ((((( hugs )))))
  3. pat460

pat460 New Member

Hi,

Just thought I would share what I take, then you and your doctor can decide if it is right for you. My long-acting pain med is Methadone. It has helped me for a long time but lately not so much. I'm thinking about trying demoral or delaudid(spelling?). I think those are the ones my pain doc suggested but my fog is so bad lately. Also, I take Norco (hydrocodone w/tylenol)for a short term med. or breakthrough pain as they call it. The past 3mo.(approx.)I have been on Lyrica and that seems to help the all over body pain the most. I highly recommend trying it for the FM pain, more than the others actually. But I have other conditions that it doesn't help so I have to be on the other meds as well.

Hope this at least gives you some other ideas. May you find something that brings you some relief.

pat460
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

I have two acquaintances that have said Lyrica changed their life.

What have you got to lose?

There's always hope!
    findmind
  5. crocodile

crocodile New Member

THANKS GUYS FOR GETTING BACK SO FAST I AM NOW TAKING PAIN PATCH'S DIAZEPAM,HYDROCODONE LASIX PROMETHAZINE AND OF COURSE THEGAB.IN THE PAST I HAVE TRIED ALOT OF THINGS I CAN'T TAKE MOREPHINE OR METHADONE PAXIL DID NOT HELP AMBIEN IS LIKE EATING CANDY CELEBREX DIDN'T HELP AT ALL THIS IS WHY MY DR. AND I ARE STUMPED HE IS MY PAIN DR. AND HE HAS GIVEN ME THE INJECTIONS BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN SICK AND IN CHRONIC PAIN FOR SO LONG MY BODY IS BUILDING UP A TOLERENCE TO MED.S THE REASON HE TOLD ME TO DO SOME RESEARCH IS BECAUSE LAST MONTH I MADE THREE TRIPS BACK AND FOURTH FROM HIS OFFICE TO CVS BECAUSE THE ONES HE WROTE WAS NOT COVERED UNDER MY MEDCARE I'M SUPPOSE TO DO THE RESEARCH AND CHECK WITH MEDICARE HE DID SAY THAT LYCIRA WAS ABOUT THE SAME AS THE GAB. SO FAR THE ONES I MENTIONED BEFORE ARE THE ONES THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT I SAW THOSE ON ANOTHER SITE BUT IT DIDN'T SAY PERSONAL EXPERIENCES PLEASE KEEP YOUR IDEAS COMING I GOT TO GO SEE HIM FRIDAY AND I REALLY WANT TO GET OFF THIS GAB I WANT THIS WEIGHT GONE SO IF THERE IS SOMETHING OUT THERE THAT HELPS FIB. OR RLS AND CAUSES WEIGHT LOSS
  6. cutieredhead72

cutieredhead72 New Member

tramadal, It helps me with the pain