Crock pot recipes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by caffey, Nov 14, 2007.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

Last week I was given a crockpot. Still trying to figure it out. lol. Does anyone have any easy recipes that are non-spicy. I love alone so I am looking for small recipes.
    Thanks a million. Oh can you do dumplings or is it not hot enough.
  2. Brown pork chops in frypan, then add them and a can of cream of mushroom soup and OMG they are so tender and the soup makes into a gravy like.

I have also cooked a turkey breast in one with a little water or ck. broth.
  3. jeduanboneis

jeduanboneis New Member

When I was going through my sickest days and still wanted to cook for my husband, the crock pot was a life saver. And it still is.

There are cookbooks that specialize in Crock Pot recipes and you can change whatever you like to fit your tastes.

Also, in the frozen food section in the grocery, there are different types of packages with complete ingredients for whatever you like. I do remember that the chicken with red potatoes was really good. But you might want to check and make sure about their additives. I always feel better when I know what I am putting in the crock pot and try to use fresh ingredients whenever possible.

Have fun and Good Luck !!!!! BAM !!!!!
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

and keep it simple. Usually it's a few veg, onions and/or garlic, herbs, meat/poultry, and organic stock (no MSG etc).

The great thing about crockpots is we can use the cheapest cuts of meat, which tend to be more flavoursome and become tender when cooked this way. I buy organic meat from a farmers market once a month, using cheaper cuts makes doing so more affordable.

What I like is part of the meal can be prepared and then left, so I am not trying to do too much in one go.

TC, Tansy
  5. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

pork and sauerkraut. I'd buy a pork roast and simply lay it in the crock pot. Then cover with a good amount of sauerkraut and garlic salt and pepper. That's it- then cook on high for a couple hours, then reduce it to low for 5-6 hours. Sometimes we throw it in on a Saturday night and eat it for Sunday noon meal. We serve it over mashed potatoes.....very German food!
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I take a very cheap beef roast of any kind , sprinkle seasoning and add a can of beef broth. For super easy, the last hour you can put in small canned potatoes, can gravy , kind of stew. I also use a beef roast and cover with a jar of spaghetti sauce. Then slice think and serve over pasta.
  7. caffey

caffey New Member

for your recipes. Looking forward to trying them out.
  8. PBandJ

PBandJ New Member

There is a wonderful book.

It is Fix it and forget it.

It is all crockpot recipes. They are made with "normal" ingredients that can be found at any grocery store.

They are recipes that my family loves and believe me my husband eats from the 4 food groups. Mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, boiled potatoes and meat!!! For fruits, drown everything in ketchup!!

I found the book at my local Lowes home improvement store at the front where the books were. I guess you can get it at a bookstore.

I LOVE MY CROCKPOT....I have 4, of various sizes. I even have one big enough to put a whole chicken in, or a turkey breast! I even make apple butter in it!

Enjoy your crockpot!!