Crushing fatigue !!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Oct 6, 2010.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Can anyone help with this???

I am absoloutely exausted and dont know how to get any energy into my body. I eat well but cant do anything at all.If I try to find I cant even breathe and have to sit or lie down.

I also suffer extreme panic when anything exerts or upsets me.I am always burning hot anyway but it makes me BOIL!

I cannot function at all.
    At the same time I suffer horrendous insomnia where I am awake ALL NIGHT long.And if I try to sleep during the day it is 10 mins then awake.....5 mins then awake !!!!Grrrrrr.

Any ideas??
  2. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Rena - I know you are suffering with these symptoms...seems we all do in varying degrees.

I have CFS and Fibro....14 years now.

I find Xanax taken before bed enables me to sleep and helps with the panic and anxixety. I cannot tolerate most meds and take small amount of Xanax, but is sure helps. Have taken it nightly for around 12 years. Without it, who knows how I'd be.

I find for the fatigue the right kind of sleep helps and also some supplements, meds, and food.
    When I'm completely flat out can't move I start on the B Complex, extra B-12, Vitamin D 3, E, and some dark chocolate and protein like chicken, fish, vegetables. Try to avoid dairy products and too much sugar, though some sugar seems to help me by giving me a lift. when I first got sick it didn' made me more nervouse and anxious.

I take Darvocet for pain and aching....small dose, like half a tablet a day, but it seems to help me with the fatigue and brain fog. Have taken it for years.

I strive to avoid stress and upset as I can't handle it and it wears me out. Pace yourself and don't push. Do a little and then rest. Try to relax and not worry. Usually when you're really fatigued for a period of time it will improve for a while.

I just wanted to share what helps me get a boost and cope with this horrible disease.

3. ritc6136

ritc6136 New Member

Hi Rena,

I have recently read a great book by Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, called "From Fatigued to Fantastic!" He's an MD who was struck by CFS while in medical school. I can't recommend this book highly enough; it takes you through various symptoms and for those you have checked off, recommends a supplement protocol for you.

One of the most important ones for anyone with serious fatigue is called D-Ribose. Dr Teitelbaum specifically recommends "Corvalen" brand which is available through his website (and others) at (He does not get any of the proceeds of the supplements he recommends, FYI.) His office staff is wonderful and they have helped me a lot - they really give a personal touch and you feel like they're "there" for you, even though you aren't officially his patient.

D-Ribose is not cheap but it has been really helpful for me. There are some supplements I can't / won't buy due to cost but this one is a requirement.

Good luck. Please order a copy of the book, it will make you feel that you finally have a path to follow in fighting this horrible disease.

PS - He also recommends a sleep supplement called 'ReVitalizing Sleep Formula' - I've found it cheapest at I find my sleep is much more refreshing. He also has several other suggestions in his book on sleep...

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2010]
  4. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Have your symptoms always been the same, or are some of these new? I don't know how old you are, but could you possibly be going through perimenopause? I starting getting crushing fatigue and blamed it on CFS only to later discover that it was actually my hormones that were a mess. Once I got on Progesterone Cream the crushing fatigue went away within a week.

ETA that my sleep also improved greatly once on the Progesterone cream. It still takes me a long time some nights to fall asleep, but once I am asleep I don't keep waking up every couple of hours. [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2010]
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

she just published an article on your symptoms of burning up, but normal body temps. Toxic fatty liver. The liver has no pain receptors, so it doesn't "hurt" like the kidneys.

The liver is behind the right side rib cage. A fatty liver may protude beyond the lower right rib. An ultrasound is the best way to diagnose it.

More data is needed: body temp, pulse, blood pressure, hormones? thyroid, cortisol, dhea, age (sorry to ask), infectious panel...
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

You should probably see a naturopath. They will check out some things that regular doctors won't.

You may have high cortisol - this can cause the panic when you get upset, also can cause severe insomnia. a good test is the adrenal stress index test - any doctor can order it but a naturopath is more likely to. It's a saliva test, it takes 4 samples during teh day/evening and will show your cortisol curve. If your cortisol is elevated you can take something called Seriphos (phosphorylated serine). It works really well with no bad side effects and should be taken in the morning. If your cortisol levels are low, then you shouldn't take it as they can go too low.

Also, your adrenal glands may be very weakened - if so, this will cause major physical fatigue. Again, a naturopath can check this out for you. Mine were very weak several years ago and I was given an adrenal glandular product - Drenatrophin PMG by Standard Process which worked really well. I started to feel better within 2 to 3 days of taking it. My adrenals were so depleted initially I had to take about 3 times the recommended dose. I had no bad side effects from this either, and I'm very sensitive to meds.