Crying for 4 weeks now. Anyone else do this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by teller7, May 21, 2003.

1. teller7

teller7 New Member

The depression is really getting to me. Know what I mean everyone? My doctor took me off zoloft because he thinks that could be causing me to shake so much. He's just started me on elevil. Man, I hope it works. This is driving me and my husband crazy. I could handle this CFS a little better if I could get this under control. Any suggestions?
  2. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Hi
    I just sent you a seperate post after reading a post you wrote about feeling so bad.
    I don't take antidepressants so I don't have much knowledge to share with you.
    In the past I took Prozac and it was somewhat helpful.
    One of my biggest paths to feeling depressed is over thinking my situation. The more I think about it the worse I feel. I know it very hard not to think about it when you have no energy and are struggling but if possible try to get your mind on something else, even if it is reading an interesting book or watching a funny movie. I know this isn't much of a suggestion but it's just one tiny thing that can help a little if you are like me and tend to think things to death. Maybe you could try this while you are waiting for your new medicine to kick in.
    If possible try to get some sunshine. Being stuck inside the house is hard on depression. Even if you can just sit outside for a little while.
    I am sure there are people on this board with more experience in this area than I have, I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I care.
  3. JP

JP New Member

Hello teller7

I take Elavil at bedtime and use it for sleeping and nerve pain, which is an alternative use. I use Effexor XR for pain related depression. I have been taking Effexor for a few years now and it has been a wonderful medicine for me. I still have all of the emotions and for the most part, they don't take control over me. I have tears as well and they are healing and a welcome release, not a feeling of impending doom. The Elavil may work well for you. I do know that Effexor XR is a great choice for FM and folks with chronic pain. I also use pain medication and other medications for other conditions.

hang in there and take care of yourself. Jan
  4. RedB

RedB New Member

I did it a lot, also, when I was extremely sick and didn't know how to control anything.

I don't totally understand depression, so I'm not sure if I was depressed, or just totally ticked off about everything. But tears came very easily. I never took anti-depressants, but here is what I did:

When my son was young, he developed nervous tics just like mine (mild Tourette Syndrome), and his life became hell. At the time, I saw an article about a little girl who was burned beyond recognition by her father, when he set fire to their mobile home while she was sleeping in it. There were pictures of her. I showed them to my son and explained to him that no matter how bad things are, you can always find someone who is worse off than you. We both knew that we would never have traded our problems for those of that poor little girl, or others like her.

To this day, if there are times that things really get to me, I make myself think. All you really need to do is pick up a newspaper or a magazine to realize how good your life really is. This month, our Postman lost his wife during childbirth, and his newborn would either die, or have brain damage. She died last Sunday. I can't even imagine being able to keep your sanity over something like that.

I know it is weird to have to think sad thoughts in order to have happier thoughts, but this has always worked for me.

Good luck with your battle, Teller, and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Kathy

P.S. I also take Pro-Gest cream. It works well.

[This Message was Edited on 05/22/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/22/2003]