Crying from pain and frustration

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JimCoyote1942, Jun 11, 2006.

1. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

Does crying help with this dread disease? I am about ready to. I am a semi-tough old backwoodsman, but tonight I do not feel tough at all. Instead, I feel vulnerable, lonely, frustrated and sad. Everything hurts and nothing seems to work right. How about some hugs from anyone who has one to spare? And if anyone is interested in carrying on a correspondence, I could sure use some pen pals.
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Heres a hug((((((((((hug))))))))))) Linda
  3. azbubba

azbubba New Member

...but I'll pat you on the back and say sorry, bro.

I know all too well what nothing working out looks like...let us know if you need to vent, ok?
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm a former mountain climber (climbed half of the "fourteeners" in Colorado), backpacker, outdoor guy, and high school teacher. It took me a while to learn that it was okay to cry when I needed to.

Some days, it really does help.

Other days, I get a headache if I do it.

I've learned that if I'm feeling really down, I'll give myself about ten to fifteen minutes to cry in, and then I'll stop. Or I'll let myself indulge all of the self-pity I can and then I'll stop after fifteen minutes.

Where did you used to spend your time in the wild?

Kholmes
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

Been there and done that and will again I am sure. It sure gets out the bad stuff.

If I get like that I write my feelings. Only for self so just write as you think it and we then get to the real root of our sadness. Keep this info for a few days and read it every so often. By doing so we see where we can improve on our situations. Write down the positive replies to self. Read every so often as a reminder.Flush or burn the negative letter to yourself. No longer need it.

Usually there is a deeper reason...on top of the logical ones (pain and such) that causes our sudden grief. This helps us go ahead with a better out look.

I read your profile. You are one interesing person. Interesting life. You have much to be proud of. Congrads on not drinking. That also takes a strong person.

To the man that said "No hugs, but a pat on your back"...HEY, men should learn to give each other a hug for bad times and good ones. Football players hugs each other when they win a game don't they? LOL.

I hope you are feeling better......many Blessings, Susan

6. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

To everyone who replied, thank you very much. I will try to sleep now and the words I have read from you all will help me make it through the night. I will sing that little song too, tonight and tomorrow. Jim in Texas
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Real men DO cry!!! Sometimes we just have to let it out. It is all part of being human. I would be more worried about a man that does not cry than one that does.

Kriket