Cryotherapy???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by liz56, May 28, 2012.

1. liz56

liz56 Member

Hi, has anyone has this done? It is the freezing of a nerve to stop the pain...I have wicked pain around my shoulders and down my arms...and my Dr. suggested this, she said it is used quite often and I can have it numerous times without worrying it would ruin my nerve.
    If you have can you tell me if it is worth doing?
    Thanks!!
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I haven't had this done but am interested in finding out more. I have tried rhizitomy(sp) where they burn the nerve endings in the spine.

Have also had lidocaine injections.
  3. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

at my spine....

Would like to hear more. What type of doctor does this?
  4. liz56

liz56 Member

It is my family Dr, I go to a pain clinic but she said she could do it right in her office, I guess it is done a lot for Fibro pain. I am just nervous of the freeze part
  5. jaminhealth

and going back next week I think for another round of Mesotherapy injections (homeopathic) and will ask her about cryotherapy.....

Did you do a lot of research online re: this procedure?

I'm on another spine related board and think I'll ask them...jam

Gee, who is your family doc and where is she...sounds like a winner...but I don't know about this work.

I just did a quick search and there are docs here in LA who do this work and it appears to be liquid nitrogen and supposedly inexpensive and says people can do it at home.

There are many forms of cryotherapy, even ice packs are in that cryo.....form. INjections are another thing and there is a lot of info regarding this, doesn't sound like side effects per se. Fairly innocent stuff.... [This Message was Edited on 05/28/2012]
  6. liz56

liz56 Member

Yes I have a great doc..I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, My first great doctor retired and I was so afraid that I would find another like her, but after 2 tries I found one who is super, would help me as much as possible, I thank God for her!!!
    I haven't done a whole lot of inquiry into it, just starting, thought I would check on here to see if anyone knew something about it.
  7. jaminhealth

There are cryotherapy chambers and we have a place here in LA where one walks into this chamber for a minute or so.....it's dry cold but I have not gone there YET, I can seem to deal with my pain so far with other stuff I do....like mesotherapy which my rheumy does in her practice.....jam