Cryotherapy???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by liz56, May 28, 2012.

1. liz56

liz56 Member

Hi, has anyone has this done? It is the freezing of a nerve to stop the pain...I have wicked pain around my shoulders and down my arms...and my Dr. suggested this, she said it is used quite often and I can have it numerous times without worrying it would ruin my nerve.
    If you have can you tell me if it is worth doing?
    Thanks!!
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

I haven't had this done but am interested in finding out more. I have tried rhizitomy(sp) where they burn the nerve endings in the spine.

Have also had lidocaine injections.
  3. liz56

liz56 Member

It is my family Dr, I go to a pain clinic but she said she could do it right in her office, I guess it is done a lot for Fibro pain. I am just nervous of the freeze part
  4. liz56

liz56 Member

Yes I have a great doc..I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, My first great doctor retired and I was so afraid that I would find another like her, but after 2 tries I found one who is super, would help me as much as possible, I thank God for her!!!
    I haven't done a whole lot of inquiry into it, just starting, thought I would check on here to see if anyone knew something about it.