CT Scan Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rkidd3423, Apr 15, 2012.

1. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Just a little update on me...I have been having some very bad symptoms that I won't go in to detail about right now. My doctor has ordered a CT scan of my chest, abdomen and pelvis to look for tumors. My mother passed away of pancreatic cancer and I have most of the symptoms. He wants to rule some things out. Please pray for me and wish me luck. I'm a 41 year old single mother of 2 girls ages 17 and 12. I definitely want to be around for a long time!

Hugs
    Rebecca
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Praying for you to have good results from your CT scan, and for the cause of your symptoms to be found and successfully treated.

Also praying for you to have the strength to get through this difficult time.

Hugs!!!
  3. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Thank you so much for the prayers. I am worried sick and that doesn't help my FM/MPS/DDD or anything else for that matter. It will be nice to just KNOW if something is wrong.

Rebecca
  4. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

It's ALWAYS great to hear from you! You have such great words of encouragement. I have a tendency to get myself worked up over nothing so I will just keep thinking that this will give me good results and the pain/symptoms is just the other darn illnesses I already know about! :)

Thanks again!
    Rebecca
  5. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Hi, Rebecca!

My dad, too, passed away from pancreatic cancer, so I know the stress you must be feeling right now. I was really stressed out because I thought sure I would be a candidate as well. But that was 14 years ago, and I'm older than dirt now (at least I have an excuse for forgetting stuff!) so it doesn't automatically follow. Sometimes just the stress of an illness is the worst symptom! I think I have had CT scans of everything but my eyelashes and earlobes. I'm not sure why they give you headphones, because you can't hear yourself think, plus they give you earplugs, then play music you can't stand. Don't you love modern medicine?

I definitely want you to be around a long time too! Especially for your girls! I lit a lilac scented candle tonight, just for you. So if the scent of lilacs suddenly comes you way - guilty! LOL!

Soft hugs,
    Stacey
  6. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Thanks guys for the prayers, words of encouragement and lilac candles! :) I am supposed to get my results today. I called the doctor this morning to make sure they call me as soon as they get them. I will keep you guys updated. I'm sure I'm stressing over nothing but it's always nice to rule things out!

Hugs
    Rebecca
  7. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Now I get to have the lovely colonoscopy. It's just wonderful to know that I don't have cancer in the 3 areas tested!!!! Thanks so much for the prayers!!!!

Rebecca
  8. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

Thank you so much for being there and thinking of me. I truly consider you a friend! I have a consultation with the gastro doctor this Friday at 3 to schedule my colonoscopy. I'm sure it will be lovely!!!

Rebecca
  9. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

My mother passed away from breast cancer when I was 12. I have been tested for the breast cancer gene and I don't have it thankfully. I have a strong history of breast cancer on my mothers side so I get mamograms regularly. Especially since I am on HRT hormones. Yes, I know I should be cautious about HRT but because my fibro makes menopause symptoms so unbearable I have to stay on the bio-indenticals for now....I had a complete hysterectomy at age 35.

Anyway, better to be safe than sorry...it is always better to check things out than to regret it later.
  10. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

The "worst" part is that you don't remember a thing! When I had mine, they came to me and said I could go home and I said "But you haven't DONE anything!" And they said, that they did, it was over and I could go! All I remember is lying there, thinking "I hope this won't hurt too much!"

The peace of mind is the best feeling, though. It's going to be fine - I just know it will! And we will all be right here, praying and wishing you well!

Soft hugs,
    Stacey
  11. rkidd3423

rkidd3423 New Member

I don't think I have ever met a more supportive, sweet group of people! I hear the prep is the hardest part of the colonoscopy so hopefully I can do that on a Sunday and have the test on a Monday!

I hope everyone is feeling well today! I pray every night for the people on this board and many others in my life that are affected by dreadful diseases!

Thanks again for being there for me!!!

Rebecca