CUDDLE EWE COMMENTS????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by skikat, Apr 5, 2007.

1. skikat

skikat New Member

I HAVE TRIED SLEEP NUMBER. FEATHER BEDS, TOPPERS. YOU NEMAE IT. I WANT SOMETHING , TWIN IZE SO THAT I CAN STILL SLEEP WITH MY HUBBY OF OVER 30 YRS. PLEASE HELP. I CANNOT STAND ANYTHING FIRM ON MY LEGS, OR JOINTS. THE FIBRO KNOTS ARE SO SORE ON MY UPPER LEGS AND OTHER PLACES. I WAKE EACH MORNING WITH BOTH SHOULDER JOINTS OUT OF PLACE.(THEY POP BACK IN SOMETIME IN AFTERNOON ) BUT OOOOO THE PAIN. OLEASE RESPOND....SKI
  2. bluewing

bluewing New Member

A twin size Cuddle Ewe should be easy for your husband to shake and fluff for you occasionally. My daughter gave me a full size about three years ago, and I wouldn't want to give it up. It cushions my body and eases the aches and pains. It is not as puffy now, but I still love it.

My joints pop out of place, but never at night so far.
    So painful...I can sympathize with you.

3. acesk

acesk New Member

My Mom (fibro) has used her Cuddle Ewe for 4 years and finally had to get a new one! She swears by it.

I have fibro also and I have a tempupedic top to my mattress that I got locally and it works great.

Sue in Florida
  4. skikat

skikat New Member

THANKS TO ALL WHO RESPONDED. I THINK I WILL TRY ONE. SAVE MY MONEY AND JUST GO FOR IT! ANYTHING THAT WILL GET ME BACK INTO A BED, IS WORTH A TRY.MY POOR HUSBAND HAS BEEN SLEEPING ALONE IN THE BED NOT 3 FEET FROM THIS COMPUTER. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED OVER 37 YEARS. I CAN (HEAR) HIM BREATHING, BUT I WOULD LIKE TO (FEEL) HIM BREATHING. I GO OVER ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT AND KISS HIM AND HE WAKES AND WE HOLD EACH OTHER FOR A LITTLE WHILE BUT I FEEL SORRY FOR HIM. HE NEEDS ME CLOSE TO HIM. HE DOESNT FEEL GOOD EITHER. AND IS SOOO TIRED. THANKS AND SOFT HUGS....SKI
  5. Engel

Engel New Member

OK ... this is wool ... right? I am allergic to wool. :-( . Is the wool inside of a cotton covering?
  6. Goldenlight

Goldenlight New Member

Yes, I have one. It has helped me get better sleep. I was disappointed when it packed down after only a short time but it says in the information that came with it that this happens and to flip it and turn it around when you change your sheets. They also say that this is normal but will not affect the good that it does. I think it is much better than not having it. The other thing I think is great is that the wool is not a good environment for dust mites.

Good luck!

Goldenlight
  7. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

Definately get one. I wouldn't sleep without one.
  8. Engel

Engel New Member

i am ok if it doesn't touch my skin
  9. desertlass

desertlass New Member

I really miss it it when I have to sleep on another mattress. It works much better than the feather filled baffles. This one doesn't get as misshapen. It's not as puffy as I thought it would be. If I could afford it, I'd get two and layer them!

Ski, have you ever heard of prolotherapy for strengthening ligaments around joints?

Are you unable to sleep because of FM pain, or the shoulders issue? Can you pile pillows under your knees/shins so that the thigh muscles are at a ninety degree angle to your body and not being pressed on?

I'm sure you have tried so many things already-- I'm just throwing out ideas.

I'm so sorry you have such a hard time of it, and to be awake while hubby sleeps is so hard, I know.

The cuddle ewe helps my diffuse pain, but I don't know if it would help severe tender points, which I only have a few of. When those flare up, all that helps me is cutting out pieces from a lidocaine patch to numb them.

If you do decide to get a Cuddle Ewe, I don't think you will dislike it, and it may provide some comfort so that those cuddle sessions can last longer.
    Lisette
  10. skikat

skikat New Member

to all who responded -i thank you. i know now, that i will get one!!! love from my heart>>>> ski