Cuddle Ewe Underquilt

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crickett, Sep 19, 2002.

1. crickett

crickett New Member

Has anyone out there tried a Cuddle Ewe Under Quilt??? My pain is so bad that I don't know what to try. I have tried 3 different orthotics for my feet to the tune of about $700.00 with no success. I would like to sometimes just cut off my legs at the hips. I bought a new matress to get away from the water bed and find out it is too firm,(which I thought was the right thing) I was in so much pain Sunday night that I couldn't bear to have any part of my body touch the bed. It hurt ro stand and to sit. Has any one tried levitation??
    Anyway, I ordered the cuddleewe quilt on Tues. I hope it helps . Any success stories would be apprceiated. They say that more than half of the people that used it has instant relieve. I, more than likely fall the the other half.
  2. crickett

crickett New Member

Has anyone out there tried a Cuddle Ewe Under Quilt??? My pain is so bad that I don't know what to try. I have tried 3 different orthotics for my feet to the tune of about $700.00 with no success. I would like to sometimes just cut off my legs at the hips. I bought a new matress to get away from the water bed and find out it is too firm,(which I thought was the right thing) I was in so much pain Sunday night that I couldn't bear to have any part of my body touch the bed. It hurt ro stand and to sit. Has any one tried levitation??
    Anyway, I ordered the cuddleewe quilt on Tues. I hope it helps . Any success stories would be apprceiated. They say that more than half of the people that used it has instant relieve. I, more than likely fall the the other half.
  3. BethM

BethM New Member

I love my CuddleEwe Underquilt!! I've had it for about a year and a half. It is cozy and comfortable, sort of makes a nest for me on my side of the bed. I have the extra long twin, just for my side of our California king bed. Sort of makes the bed look odd, with my side higher, but it's worth it. Every time I change the sheets, I flip the underquilt top to bottom and end to end so it wears evenly. It's been a good investment for me, has improved my sleep. I really miss it when we sleep elsewhere than home.

Hope that helps!

Peace,
    Beth.
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

That is definitely on my "wish" list. It sounds great!

Harmony
  5. JannyW

JannyW New Member

and I might just have to break down & invest in one. Crickett, I'm surprised the heated waterbed didn't help you ... I had a major flare-up when I left the ex & had to buy a "dead-bed" -- never realized how much it had helped.

Jan ^v^
  6. crickett

crickett New Member

I recieved my Cuddleewe Quilt last week (Tues) I haven't been able to put it on the matress and the fitted sheet on top. It is a day bed and a bear to change (actually my husband to change) I CAN"T do it. I did put a sheet over it and I'm sleeping a little better and not as stiff in the am and not waking in pain except for my usual daily migrane/tension headache.I had ordered through Immune support and got a good price. Cheaper than the manufacturer. I also ordered the cover and the deep pocket sheet, and got the free pillow. I only ordered a twin for my bed, because we've slept separtely for years. My moaning keeps hubby awake (does anybody else MOAN in there sleep?) and his snoring and constant moving keeps me awake. I also got a discount for a first order. If you order, do it by phone not on-line. The prices were actually lower. It was a little over $200.00 for everything, all in twin.
    Oh, and the water bed, I always thought the warmth made me feel better, but I still had flares. However now because of weight gain and just plain difficulty moving and lack of strength, I think I'm straining muscles trying to out of it. Especially waking 3 or 4 times a night to use the bathroom.
    I think it too soon to give an accurate account, but give some more time.
    Sue
    [This Message was Edited on 09/30/2002]
  7. JudieV

JudieV New Member

I'm a bit disappointed with the cuddle ewe. It helps a little but nothing like the advertisement. I find I'm fluffing it up everytime I want to lay down. Guess I was hoping for a miracle

Gentle hugs
    Judie
  8. lindasue

lindasue New Member

Hi all,
    I'm sorry but this cuddle ewe is a new one to me...We sleep on a down feather bed. Does anyone know if it is different. I love our feather bed but I am surely willing to change if the cuddle ewe helps!! I'm willing to try anything at this point!!
    Thanks,
    Linda
  9. glendamarie22

glendamarie22 New Member

I've had my Cuddle Ewe for about a year and it definitely helps me to sleep sounder. I seem to wake up less in the middle of the night, now. It kind of cushions your body, like sleeping on a huge pillow, so it makes you feel like you have a little nest - as someone said. I used to roll around a lot on my pillow top mattress, even though I had an eggcrate cushion on it. The C.E. keeps me from doing that. It doesn't help my aches and pains, but it does help me sleep better. I just get in at night and I feel cozy and comfortable. I really do recommend it.

~Glenda
  10. ruthiepie

ruthiepie New Member

I just got my featherbed topper, twin size, to go on my side of our Calif. king, waterbed......it sounds so similar to the Cuddle ewe.....and it is wonderful.....like laying on a floating cloud and it makes my side of the bed a little higher (easier to get on and off)....I told my hubby that everything in our house needs to be butt level and he laughed and said....that means handicapped......love my featherbed, wish I had ordered it years ago.....still hurt but I'm more comfortable...mine came with two feather pillows....get this image.....you are laying on your side on a big feather pillow with a smaller one between your knees while hugging the other pillow with your arms....floating!!!!!.....I'm happy....God Bless you...