Cuddle Ewe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tuieke, Apr 29, 2003.

1. tuieke

tuieke New Member

Hi,
    I'm looking for any one who has used the Cuddle Ewe mattress pad. It cost so much money that I want to know if it really works. I suffer from FM and hurt and can't sleep at night. Any information would help me a lot.
    Thanks,
    Tuieke
  2. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

I couldn't afford the Cuddle Ewe, but several people here have them. Maybe they will respond. You can type Cuddle Ewe" into the search messages window and bring up several discussions about it. I use a heated mattress pad that I bought on line from Brylane. I would quite cheerfully kill anyone who tries to take it away from me. It cost about $65 delivered. If you want to shop locally, be very sure that the pad you buy is "wireless". Most of us suffer from Princess & Pea Syndrome, and the wires will feel like telephone poles by midnight.
    Kathryn
  3. schnoodle

schnoodle New Member

I don't have one but my friend does and she just loves it so much.
  4. Combatmedic

Combatmedic New Member

before buying it, my husband and I bought a brand new matress and boxspring. I do NOT sleep any better after having spent over $1,000 on new bedding, including the cuddle ewe. However, hubby likes it, and *at first* did not want to send it back (they WILL allow you a 90 day return window). Now, time has run out, and we're stuck with it, another failed effort at improving my health. *shrugs* Personally, I wouldn't spend that kind of money again. BUT you know that not everyone is the same, some people DO like their cuddle ewe and sleep better with it. Another problem, the sheets WILL NOT stay on the bed with the cuddle ewe on it. No matter what, all we buy is the deep pocket sheets, but, they will not stay on with the Cuddle ewe on the bed.
    I believe it cost me around $305 for a queen size, including shipping and handling.

That's my experience with it. Totally up to you though, like I said, lots of people have bought one and never looked back since. We're all just different. My hips, lower back etc, hurt just as bad, with or without it.

Medic
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Tuieke, stopped to welcome you. I don't have the Cuddle Ewe yet, but plan on getting one.

A lot of people love them.

Just stopped to welcome you.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Betsy, I got mine at Penny's, I bought the single size, cut the skirt off and lay it under the sheet on my side of the bed. My husband can't handle heat, and the twin is so much cheaper.

The wireless has mino filiment(sp)(looks like fishing line) running through it, and the heat goes through that instead of the usual wires like a heating blanket.

Someone here bought the one with wires and said they didn't bother her at all.

Sear's, and Wal-Mart also sell them on line.

I have a featherbed, and I put the heated mattress pad on top of that. Its great.

Someday I want to get the Cuddle Ewe, but its a bit much for me right now. They do sell then here at Pro Health, and they are cheaper then I have seen at other places.

Shalom,Shirl
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Yes, you just be sure you only pull the threads out, and not cut the heating elements. You are removing the part that tucks under the mattress.

It lays flat under the sheet, it does not move at all! (by getting the twin size, its only on your side of the bed too, plus its so much cheaper!).

Any brand will do,Penny's has them in the Spring Summer catalog, page;950, item 'C' on the bottom lefthand side of the page. Or check online.

Shalom, Shirl

[This Message was Edited on 05/08/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/08/2003]