CURE UNKNOWN: GMA interview rescheduled Th 7/03!!!!

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by victoria, Jun 29, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

As many of you know, her book has just been published ('Cure Unknown) about her family's problems with lyme - she is also a science writer.

She posted this on a lyme list with permission to get the word around:

"I will be on talk radio this coming Tuesday and Wednesday in New York and Wisconsin on two syndicted, big audience NPR shows. These should be call-in shows, so people may want to participate.

Tuesday, July 1, noon- 1 p.m. Leonard Lopate Show, WNYC
    http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/
    Wednesday, July 2, 7-8 a.m. central time. Conversations with Joy Cardin, Wisconsin Public Radio, Syndicated in the Midwest
    http://www.wpr.org/cardin/

Please spread the word,

Thanks,
    Pam"

(Pamela Weintraub is an author and journalist who specializes in health, biomedicine, and psychology. She is currently a consulting editor at Psychology Today and executive editor at MAMM magazine, and has served as editor in chief of OMNI and staff writer at Discover. Weintraub has written hundreds of articles for many national publications, including Redbook, Ms., McCall's, Audubon, and Health, to name just a few. )
    [This Message was Edited on 07/01/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 07/02/2008]
  2. wld285

wld285 New Member

Thank you!
  3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

like a very interesting book! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Rafiki
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

I listened to a rebroadcast... you can download it or listen directly to it at anytime...

:)
    Victoria
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

FROM DR. BRANSFIELD

Hi, The movie Under Our Skin and the book Cure Unknown have awoken interest in the Lyme disease debate.

Good Morning America will be showing a news story on the Lyme disease controversy tomorrow morning between 7:30 and 8:00 AM. This came up on short notice and I was filmed late yesterday.

Someone from the IDSA school of thought was also filmed in the Washington area.

Thanks to Pat Smith for helping with this and Pam Kahl for PR assistance. There are other media projects going on at the same time. Best, Bob Robert C Bransfield, MD, DFAPA, PC
    225 State Route 35 Red Bank , NJ 07701 Phone 732-741-3263

6. redhummingbird

redhummingbird New Member

I'm going to listen to the broadcast. Is it on NPR's website?

I've heard nothing but great things/reviews about Pamela Weintraub's book. I'm looking forward to reading it.
  7. victoria

victoria New Member

the specific station, it came right up, the interview was about 25 minutes. I don't get 'regular' TV on our satellite so will miss that, but maybe somebody will put it on youtube or the station will actually have it available for free... I hope!

8. Junegal

Junegal New Member

Please let me know if thdre is a link available, like there was to "Good Morning America" when they talked about the Self ARticle.

I would really like to see this online. I missed it this am, and I was up so totally could have watched it--bummer!
  9. victoria

victoria New Member

Ah I know the feeling.

We don't get the 'regular' networks because it's an extra subscription on DirecTV...

I am guessing, but maybe you can just go to your local station and get a link that way? or their main site. I am so 'out of it', I don't even know WHICH network carries GMA ...

Please let us know if anyone finds it? I am busy packing, moving in about a week 2,000 miles away to a place in Mexico...
    Victoria

10. victoria

victoria New Member

from lymeinfo @yahoo, Rick L:
    ------
    I do not know the reason for this; There could be several. Television can be very fluid. For example, in response to certain breaking news stories, all regularly scheduled programs can be bumped. I do not know why the date has changed, only that it has.

So, to review, Good Morning America will be showing a news story on the Lyme disease controversy *Thursday* JULY 3, 2008 between 7:30 and 8:30 AM.

I've also been told by Andy Abrahams Wilson, Executive Director/Senior Producer, from Open Eye Pictures, Inc. that this coverage was prompted by the Public Relations firm working with "Under Our Skin", On The Marc Media, out of Washington, DC. Thanks also to Pat Smith, Pam Kahl, Dr. Robert C. Bransfield and everyone else advocating for Lyme disease around the world.
    ------------

yay, so if you think you missed it, you didn't!!!

11. victoria

victoria New Member

I've heard it didn't happen this AM either, no idea why...
  12. victoria

victoria New Member

am I not surprised that it took that slant... sigh! But 'they' do say, there's no such thing as 'bad' publicity... I sure hope "they"'re right!

Thanks for posting that Celestia!
    Victoria