Cured of fibro and now am much better.CFS, How:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lisabur, May 3, 2003.

1. lisabur

lisabur New Member

Try searching the web for Dr Posnecker.
    You never have to meet him. He workes over the internet, is cheap, and the suppliments regrow the adrenals. You must take his cheap adrenal test before he can work with you.

CFS is a mucus membrane illness.
    That includes: dry eyes (gone), ringing ears (gone), dry throat (gone), bleeding nose/sinuses (gone), digestive problems (still there) due to a weak mucus membrane, all the way through, and includes poor sleep (still there, but better).
    It includes Fibro if it is bad enough. I have NO fibro now, and have gained 10 lbs, and have more energy. It took 2 yrs to get rid of the fibro for good. I am still working on the CFS, but am hopeful that in time it will be gone all the way too. My passion is to stop the maddness of this disease. It ruined health for 10 yrs and my marrage. God Bless.
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I just spent about an hour reading stuff at Dr. Poesnecker's website.
    His description of the type of person who gets this and the process of getting it is about as on target as it's possible to get, IMO.
    I like his emphasis on reducing stress and living a calmer sort of life than normal people. I have made major changes in that direction, and believe that I could be much healthier if I could make some more.
    However, when I looked at some of the remedies he sells, I was dismayed. I have taken most of them at one time or another during my 17 yr. search, and am still sick. Some of them are things I consider to be quackery or even dangerous now that I know more.
    Then there are the tests. I had those round-the-clock saliva tests done about 6 yrs. ago. The results showed I was in stage 3 adrenal exhaustion and could die without immediate treatment. I went to an Endocrinologist who ran the tests on blood not saliva, and my cortisone was right down the midline of normal, my urine cortisol was normal and my DHEA was and still is, high, not low. The doctor said saliva is completely unreliable, and the alt. practitioner said the same thing about blood. Who to believe?
    All I know is that I am still here and have not died yet. I have a lot more energy than I had then, but I have to admit his theory does fit the symptoms very well for most of us.
    Could you post about the specific therapies you had and the things you were told to take? I know it is very individualized, but am interested in the specifics, which he carefully avoids mentioning in the articles at his website.
    Thanks for any more info,
    Klutzo
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Because of what I read at Dr. poesneckers site, I did a search for "functional adrenal insufficiency" and ended up at the website of Dr. Bruce Rind. This site has a chart you can use to determine which glands are not up to par for each person. It also has a description of how we get this problem and how it can cause Fibro that was so right on target I was gasping with amazement.
    I had been told I had end-stage adrenal insufficiency before, but did not believe it. The literature at Dr. Rind's site changed my mind.
    I am on to this like flies on you-know-what.
    Can't thank you enough!
    Klutzo
  4. lisabur

lisabur New Member

I was asked to explain what Pr. Poesnecker had me on:

Please review my symptoms and and suppliments he put me on.
    He has given me free tests and works very inexpensively with me. He does NOT work with CFS/Fibro to make money, but to aid the truelly needy. Truely kind and caring, he has been great to me.

(I was really, really sick when I started with him: Please don't believe that ALL of this was wrong with me at one time!)

Gone:
    Fibro
    Blood spot on head
    All nighters at the PC
    Dry eyes, throat
    Reaction to Stevia: numb tongue.
    Diariahha at beginning of period.
    PMS moodiness.
    Diariaha
    Deep vertical furrow lines between my eyebrows, due to liver stress.
    SEVERE PAIN IN COLON, upon going #2 (once/mo or so)

Almost Gone:
    Ears ring, or noises too loud.
    Nose bleeds only once per month now. Was daily.
    Cry from the stress. (was daily, now once every 2-3 months)

Better:
    Less bathroom time during the day.
    Fewer all nighters in bed.
    Less naps.
    Weight: More stable: 124.8-127.8
    Corn makes nose stuffy.
    Stomach swelling during the day.
    Alcohol recovery: was 2 weeks, now 2-3 days.
    Able to exercise 3-4 times per week.. Unable to before.
    Take less HCL (was 18/day, now 6-8)
    Less chilled to the bone.
    Sleeping w/heating pad/Edger Cayce Pack
    Light Acne used to be bbbaadd.

Still a problem:
    Digestion still bad sometimes at night (when drink alcohol, or have intercourse)
    Stomach swelling during the eveinging/night.
    Still burping a lot in day and night.
    Carpel tunnel.

Taking:
    AM;
    (3) Mil Androgen (cow (bovene) adrenals) They regrow your adrenals, as cow adrenals are so close to human ones.
    (1) Pregenelone 30 mil
    (1) 7 keto 25mil
    (7) Seripohs (at night, to put adrenals to sleep, to heal them)

I also take other vitamins, that I think can't hurt.
    Like a multi, St. JOhn's wort, (this experience has put me through a divorse, so I like having a bit of a "pick me up")
    Cholerella (10-20 per day)

This has taken 2 years to get to this point. Not a "quick fix" but I beleive a permanent one. He will not work with you unless you take a test first.

True, his test is saliva, and some people think that urine test is better. You can talk to him about that. I am not an expert in that area.
  5. lisabur

lisabur New Member

oops I forgot, (Also from Lisa:)
    I forot to tell you, at first I was in adrenal failure, according to his tests. I get retested every 6 months, and have seen them go up and down, in part, due to the stress at the time. (divore, job stress, etc), but even as the tests go up and down, I see my health getting better and better, so I don't put too much emphysis on the tests, I put all of it on how much better I have been feeling, as each 6 months goes by.

By the way, my husband thought I was a hypocondriac. He wasn't much for supporting me. I've been done with the divorse for 1 year now, and have 2 boys ages 7 & 10. My ex now has alot of back pain. I told him it was all in his head! (He he he he, Karma at it's best!) Lisa
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I am so sorry about your divorce. Most men are pigs...now you men, don't jump all over me about this, please notice I said "most", not "all! I have one of the good ones, who actually married me after I got this DD! Now that the a**hole is gone, you have space in your life for one of the good ones, and you deserve it!
    I have made note of what you take. I am taking a lot less Pregnenolone than you are, as I was taught that more than 9 mgs. per week was dangerous. I am afraid of parasites and other contamination in animal adrenals, but can ask Dr. Poesnecker about it. I have already had the Saliva tests done, but it was a few yrs. ago, so I guess I'd have to do it again. At that time it showed Stage 3 adrenal failure.
    My conventional doc did the 24 hr. urine and blood tests for cortisol, which were right down the middle of normal, proving, she said, that saliva is worthless quackery. I decided to trust her, until I read that description at Dr. Poesnecker's website and saw how exactly it fits my experience of this illness, and then looked at the Metabolic Table on Dr. Rind's site and saw that all sorts of my strange symptoms are of adrenal insufficiency.
    I will go back to the Doc's website and find out how to contact him. I hope you don't have to come in person, cause I cannot do that.
    Thanks for all your info,
    Klutzo