Curious about interactions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janasw1, Feb 24, 2007.

1. janasw1

janasw1 New Member

I'm taking Provigil, Elavil, and Armour Thyroid.

I want to add a glucoasime/msm complex, and fibro energy formula.

Does anyone take any of these things (or anything similar) together? I don't know if anything's going to get messed up in my body or if anything interacts...

Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated at this point, THANKS!

-Whitney
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Im probably not gonna be too much of help to you but I guess its better than nothing!

I was on Elavil and Armour Thyroid at the same time at one point and had asked my pharmasist if I could incorporate Glucoasimine/MSM Complex with it and he said it would be fine.

However, I have never been on Provigil (even though my rheumy would like to try me on it but i need to get my butt in for a sleep study). Also, I am unsure what fibro energy formula is unless it is just in the same title as the Gluco.?

Anywho, make sure you check with your doctor before you start taking anything. It wouldnt hurt to check with a pharmasist either, but make sure to get the doctor's approval.

Good luck and take care!

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  3. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I've started taking provigil recently but don't take those particular supplements you asked about.

Have you looked up the information on provigil? I remember the warnings said not to take it with some other drugs and also that it could decrease the effectiveness of birth control pills.

I don't remember that it listed the ones you asked about.

I have used this website in the past to find out about drug interactions:

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/Interaction/ChooseDrugs

If you type in drug interactions into a search engine (like google) it will give you a list of sites to go to to check for interactions.

I've only been taking provigil a short while. I know it helps me, although some days are better than others. I also think it elevates my mood. I've noticed no side effects.

How is provigil working for you?

But I would talk to my doctor about it to be sure.
  4. janasw1

janasw1 New Member

I'm only on my 3rd day of the provigil... so far it's nothing but side effects...i'm not so big on prescription meds so part of me hopes it works and gives me some energy FINALLY...part of me hopes it doesn't so i don't have to stay on it!

thanks for asking!
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Hi Whitney, Here is a site you can copy and paste for interactions. This was posted a while back and I save it for future use. Hope this helps :eek:)

http://www.drugdigest.org/DD/Interaction/ChooseDrugs/1,4109,,00.html?=CLADRIBINE

Hugs!