Curious about meds for RLS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wld285, Sep 22, 2006.

1. wld285

wld285 New Member

Had first appoint. last month at FFC, and he wanted me to increase dose of Requip to make sure it was not my sleep problem. I haven't seen a difference yet (almost 4 weeks). Just curious to see if RLS meds cured anyone's sleep problems.
    Linda
  2. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I take magnesium, potassium and calcium before bed. It works for me and I had it bad.
  3. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

My FMS doctor put me on Gabitril and it has taken away the creepy crawlies I used to get with the RLS. My sleep is definitely better now.

Ellen
  4. code34me

code34me New Member

My doc had my Ferriton levels checked because she says if it is low it can cause RLS. It is not a routine blood test. The doc has to specifically ask for it.

Well it was very low so she has me taking iron tabs 2 times a day. My RLS is so much better!

I went to see a sleep doc a couple of weeks ago and he agreed with my primary care doc. He says it is something he would have checked himself and for me to continue with the iron tabs.

Take care of you! Codey
  5. butterfly83

butterfly83 New Member

That's interesting Codey! I'll mention that blood test to my doctor next time i go and try taking an iron supplement.
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I am also on Mirapex...1 mg. 3 times a day.

It works great. I do sleep alot better now that I dont have the feeling that I need to writhe and thrash my legs around as I am trying to sleep.

It is said to possibly be one of the first drug that would be approved for Fibro in the future.

Hugs,
    Stephanie
  7. charlynn1963

charlynn1963 New Member

I take klonopin it helps my RLS and sleep.