Curious about Symtoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joyousmom2, Aug 24, 2008.

1. joyousmom2

joyousmom2 New Member

Hi - I know that fibro affects each person differently, but I wanted to find out if others share some of my most intensely painful areas.

Two years ago it started mid back through my sternum. Within a month it had traveled to my lower back and ankles. Now the absolute worst pain for me is in my hips and ankles. It's as if my legs aren't receiving oxygen to recover from either walking or climbing a flight of steps. My ankles are simply horrible 98% of the time.

I get hit with nausea at least once a day - especially if I don't lay down or take a nap. Protein is my enemy. Now I make fruit smoothies and use protein powder as a supplement.

I have the brain freezes. At first I thought maybe I was having a stroke. I would suddenly not be able to "compute". Tasks that I had done a million times became impossible. I've been so terribly embarrassed by this a few times. I'm currently between jobs and have found that they rarely happen now. I'm sure it's because I can take naps.

Please let me know if you have similar problems. I'm trying to determine if it's fibro or some other issue. Honestly, I just want to hold on to the hope that one day these problems will go back to wherever they came from and I can have my life back!

I appreciate your help!
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i know exactly what your saying, i never know from one day to the next whats gonna hurt & for how long,
    i used to have just kinda basic achy muscles & crashing Fatigue, but now that pain has intensified and some days its on my neck & shoulders then ill wake up and can harldy walk for the pain in my feet & legs, here lately besides the feet & legs its my Sternum,rib area and right thru to my back!! that has been the worse yet, and it hasent buged for a few months now. some days are worse than others, but for the most part it's there. ill be going to doc on friday, im thinking it's Costocondroitis, or however u spell it.
    the nausea has let up finally after years of fighting that, as for the brain freezes, that was better till here lately too, sometimes i can try & read & not be able to comprehend what i read, or i have even forgotten how to get home from places i have drove for years!! now thats scary!!
    this disease is so wierd, sometimes i cant wrap my mind around whats happeneing to me. and also sometimes i think i'd be better off with cancer ( God Firbid) but at least you kinda know what your up against you know? i know that sounds terrible to say.i used to say i wouldnt wish cancer on my worst enemy, now i say i wouldnt wish Fibro/ Cfids on them... Sigh
    i look at all these posts on here & it's just so Sad!!!! were cut down in our prime,and theres not much we can do but suffer thru it.
    well, just wanted to tell ya your not alone with those symptoms, sorry i rambled feeling sorry for myself and wanted to vent a little. hope your feeling better soon tho! {{Hugs}}Kat
    P.S. i have a pos ANA test too( Lupus) , but they still say it's jsut fibro.
  3. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

Mostly when you talk about your ankles you sound like me.

If I stand or sit my ankles cause me alot of pain.

Also about the nausea I have alot of problems with that, I have a sister in-law and her mother have fibro and they never have the nausea like me or the ankle problems so on that I am not sure if it is just a coincidence that we both have it or fibro.

Also where you hurt in the back is the same as me.

Also I hate to say it but I lay down almost all day long or I have problems.

Today I messed up and worked all day, doing dishes and folding laundry with school starting back tomarrow I had to get things in order, I am paying for it tonight and will still be paying for it tomarrow.

Well I better go I hope I helped some, Good luck, Crispangel
  4. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

same here about the overdoing making things worse, i clean beach houses 2 days a week if you can believe that!! then after i crash for the rest of the week. i wish i could just Quit, but 2 kids in school, Mortgage, Insurance. i just cant!!
    Have you found anything to help the sternum & Back pain??
    i will be seeing my doc on friday, were gonna have to have a long talk, cause what im taking now isnt touching the pain!! i'lll let ya know what she says or what she gives me for it. {{Hugs}}Kat