Curious over foot pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrscindyau, Jul 21, 2003.

1. mrscindyau

mrscindyau New Member

I've read a few of the old posts concerning foot pain and still feel at a loss. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over 6 years ago and at that time my symptoms were extreme fatigue, shooting pain/electric shocks in the hips and legs, and most major muscles felt heavy and unresponsive.
    But over the last year or so symptoms seem to be changing. Now the pain seems to move to different areas of the body, some never before affected. Of late my feet are the problem with severe pain on walking and sometimes while sitting. This constant pain is best described as a bruised arch/heel area, with sharp stabbing sensations through the whole foot at times. I'm curios as to wether this is part of the fibromyalgia or if there is something else going on. Can anyone help?????
  2. crissyfamily

crissyfamily New Member

in the search messages and you'll see a couple of posts. I think i was also looking at some posts today on the lupus board where they were talking about peripheral neurapathy also..
    don't know for sure if this is what causes it, but when i went to mayo with some of these problems early on, but not quite as severe, they said i had a tinge of peripheral neurapathy and it was probably caused by a virus and would most likely go away. that was 10 months ago and it has only gotten worse....jusst like yours feel..
    wish we could get better..
    take care....crissy
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Are you new to the Board? If so, welcome. About the foot pain - one of the big problems with fibromyalgia is that it travels. You might start out with hip pain (as I did) and then you might get pain in your arms, or back, or neck. It's not particular about where it goes. If you have pain in your hips, it stands to reason that you will walk funny - since you're in pain you might favor one side of your body over another. That will put stress on your feet. My suggestion is to see a podiatrist. They specialize in feet problems and can diagnose you properly. You might have a heel spur or nerve problems. I've had feet problems most of my life and always see a podiatrist. Check around and ask people if they know anyone good - don't just use the phone book. I hope this helps you!

Annette2
  4. mrscindyau

mrscindyau New Member

Thanks Annette2! Yes I am new. Must admit ... I'm not real sure how all this works but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

I hope you'll enjoy the board as much as I have, you'll find lots of valuable information and good ideas.

As far as foot pain goes, I have it quite a lot. Sometimes in the morning I can't hardly walk first thing. I have almost a constant aching/burning across the tops of both feet, almost feel like a tendonitis, but I'm sure it's part of the Fibro.

Glad to meet you..

Dara