Curious - Re: POLL for the year it began

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Feb 11, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I find it interesting that so many people began coming down with the illness in or around the 1990's! I've read about the Mycoplasma connections to the Gulf War and was wondering if there could be a connetion with the war or with our technological advancements (i.e. use of cell phones or other devices on a regular basis) . . . any ideas? Since I've been doing so much health research over the last year and a half, I've noticed how bad some of the things we do on a daily basis are for us and we never realize it. I've never had allergies in my life, until I became ill in 2001 & now am HYPERSENSITIVE to just about everything. I think about food additives, preservatives, colorings (esp. MSG/Aspartame) -- I've actually heard aspartame drinks associated with Gulf War Syndrome as well -- use of cell phones, microwaves & computers on a regular basis when 100 years ago there was not even electricity. Also, all of the cleaning products & "unnatural items" we have in our homes -- treated wood, particle board, carpeting with chemicals and in addition people over-using medications who may not need them. Terri
  2. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i think a lot about the use of electricity and mobile phones etc and this DD, i have developed a high sensitivity to electro-magnetic fields that at first i thought i'd really lost it. i actually can hear electricity in some places and it really disturbs me. the worst was when i moved to a home in 1998 that would have been ideal only i woke up after the first night vomitted and remembered this terrible feeling i'd had back in 1989 when the railway line right by my house was electrified and i developed so many wierd syptoms. the worst wasa complete inability to sleep or think properly. to cut a long story short i moved away and had to do the same again only now i can't find a place to live i like. but to stick to the topic i think of like some of us are like the canaries down the mines, we are sensitized to toxic stuff be it food, meds, whatever.and people who are healthy their immune systems can handle the onslaught , well so far anyway. but the accummulation of all of these substances well i don't think its doing anyone any good.
    pinkquartz
  3. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I'm also very sensitive and have recently (over the past few months) started to react severely to cell phone -- severe flushing, pain in the left side of my head and disorientation which can last up to 24 hrs. after the incident. Microwaves make me sick also . . . but I don't get quite the same reaction, more like I feel like chills are going through my body all of a sudden. Lately, I almost hate to go out of the house because everwhere I go there are cell phones. I think you are right, healthy people's immune systems are protecting them. I am actually feeling lucky that I am realizing how harmful things are so I am much more aware in the future . . . I used to use my cell phone all of the time. Now I can't get near one.

I had heard about the Teslar Watch that is supposed to help protect the body from EMF's by keeping the body at the correct frequency. I don't know if it will help me, but I ordered one & am going to try. They said there is a 30 day money back guarantee, so I should know by then . . . I'll let everyone know if it helps . . . Terri
  4. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I think the other thing is that people these days are so busy and try to do way too much . . . in retrospect, I was overextending myself in a big way and have now learned that that was a big mistake . . . it may not have caused the illness, but I don't think it helped either! Terri
  5. pinkquartz

pinkquartz New Member

i also made everything worse by wearing myself out. when i remember what i used to push myself to do everyday i feel sick in my stomach that i was so hard on myself. but i didn't know any better then.
    do you live in a city?that you are around so many cellphones ? i hope the device you have sent for helps. do let me know.
    should i put my email on or wait for you to post. i'm still quite new here and not sure of best ways to do it. anyway must go its very late in england and my brain will definately melt if i don't peel myself away from computer
    goodnight
    pinkquartz
  6. Bambi

Bambi New Member

here and defected from Iraq..he's on
    the news all the time..said the other day on CNN that Saddam DID use chemical weapons on our troops in the
    Gulf War. I haven't heard him repeat
    it, but if it's true I would think that would be more likely the cause
    of the Gulf War Syndrome..and there's
    still questions about the shots they
    received prior to going. Who knows?
    Hugs, Bambi
  7. TerriM

TerriM New Member

Yes, I do believe that is the case about Gulf War Syndrome. I've read that molecular biologist Garth Nicolson's daughter came back from the gulf war sick and then he and his wife both became ill. Luckily, they had a lab where they could figure out what was going on. What it said they discovered was a type of mycoplasma that had been genetically engineered. I believe Nicolson testified before Congress on the issue. What I meant about the Aspartame/Nutrasweet was not that it was the entire cause, but I've seen a lot of information talking about the group of fatigue illnesses and how MSG makes many people sicker (me included) . . . aspartame contains msg or some form of glutamate . . . the gulf war soldiers were supplied lots of diet sodas with nutrasweet in them which probably just aggravated their conditions. Dr. Paul Cheney's article in the library here on Klonopin (which Mikie kindly directed me to previously) talks about the neurotoxic state of the brain on CFS which is caused by too much glutamate or too little GABA. Terri