Curious

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cmb, Apr 22, 2006.

1. cmb

cmb New Member

I am curious.

How many suffer from fibromyalgia only without other complicating conditions such as CFS, RA or lupus.

What is your level of disability?

What do you feel triggered the FMS?
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

As far as I know it is only FMS.

I constantly run on a pain level of 9 or 10.

Just moving around hurts even more. If it weren't for the pain meds I most definitely would be bedridden. I've been learning to live with the pain what else can one do.

I take 1 10mg oxycontin 2 daily and 1 vicodin 5/500 every 4 hours. while this helps some what doing things is very difficult.

Needless to say that I no longer work and have not since June of last year. I was recently approved for my LTD through work but it was a long process to get it approved.

It wasn't approved until last month. Luckily I have a very understanding wife who is able to support the family and myself. Now that my LTD benefits are starting to come things will ease up a bit for my wife, financially that is.

Jake
  3. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

did you apply for social security disability????

And do you belong to AARP???? I have suggestions for you

***and did you know you that you have to pay back
    LTD????

4. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I will be applying for ssdi this month, and I do know that if I win ssdi that a portion of what LTD has paid me will need to be paid back.

But what can you do that's the way insurance copmanies are which I think is a ripoff but oh well.

Jake
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  5. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I already have alawyer for the ssdi. he specializes in ssdi cases. He won ssdi bennifits for my ex sister in law for fibro 2 years ago.

I'll keep this one in mind though.

Thanks

Jake
  6. wildflowers2

wildflowers2 New Member

forgot she has done cases b4 for FM and CFS...
  7. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

I only have fibro. I am in pain daily! Since, Oct. of this year I have had approx. 8 days that I did not have at least moderate pain. Each day I overdo it. Housework, taking care of my one year old ect... I refuse to be bedridden but, I would love to be. I cry everyday. I am pretty sure my fibro was trigged when I gave birth. When I talk to my doctors they say they have never heard of Fibro being this debillating. And yet, like I said I push through everyday, I walk a mile, take baby to the park ect..I currently hate doctors.
  8. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I fit in that catagory,as I have never been diagnosed with anything else.

Like Jake, I rely on pain relievers to help me through the day.

BUT...since I started the Guai protocol, 2 months ago, I am getting better....defined as more energy, less over all pain, and a much more hopeful outlook.

Jana