Curious . . . .

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kiwi47, Nov 5, 2002.

1. kiwi47

kiwi47 New Member

How many of you have ever tried treatments for parasites or for yeast overgrowth? I know that both have been implicated a lot in CFIDS and FIBRO. I know that I, personally, have felt better when avoiding sugar, white flour, etc. etc. But I crave sweets, particularly chocolate. The yeast free diet is not fun by any means, and takes a very long time. I haven't been successful as I've never done it for long enough.

So please share your experiences with me on these subjects if they apply.

Thanks,
    Marla
  2. kiwi47

kiwi47 New Member

How many of you have ever tried treatments for parasites or for yeast overgrowth? I know that both have been implicated a lot in CFIDS and FIBRO. I know that I, personally, have felt better when avoiding sugar, white flour, etc. etc. But I crave sweets, particularly chocolate. The yeast free diet is not fun by any means, and takes a very long time. I haven't been successful as I've never done it for long enough.

So please share your experiences with me on these subjects if they apply.

Thanks,
    Marla
  3. selma

selma New Member

Go for it. No sugar etc. for longer. you already know that it works in helping you feel better. If it doesn't then that's not your problem.

Love, Selma

4. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Have you been tested, to see if either of these need treating. I think that needs to be the first step. One wouldn't want to medicate for parasites and candida, if it wasn't necessary. The test is not that expensive, and could save you alot of time, and money in antifungal, probiotic, and parasite treatment. Not only that but you would be introducing meds, supplements, etc. into your body unnecessarily.
    My test results yielded no parasites. I did have a huge population of candida, and no beneficial bacteria.
    I have altered my diet, so I am no longer feeding the candida, and am using probiotics. The decision will be made at my Doc Appt. tomorrow, regarding an antifungal. I have recently discovered that one of the byproducts, or waste products of candida, is sulfite. I am allergic to sulfite, and I am hoping by ridding myself of candida and the sulfite allergin, I will be less ill.
    Karen
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Taking probiotics isn't just for people with problems; everyone over the age of 35 should be taking them. As we age, the "good" bacteria in our guts diminishes allowing leaky gut syndrome to set in and often results in food allergies.

Trust me, it's no waste of money to take probiotics. It will save tons of money and pain in the long term.

Love, Mikie
  6. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Thanks---I didn't know that Mikie....Another one of those declining things that go with age, huh? I just assumed those good guys stayed they forever. Ya know--this getting old isn't for sissies, lol.
    Karen
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/07/2002]
  7. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Search this board with the words "yeast" and "candida" and you will find a lot of people who were treated for such.

I tried the natural route, but it did nothing for my yeast levels, so I ended up taking six months of Sporanox. That did the trick. I tested negative for parasites, but I had spent many months on anti-parasitic herbs, prior to this test. I got rid of a bacteria with herbs, and now I'm dealing with another bacteria, with a different blend of herbs.

I followed the diet, but if I had to do all over again, I would choose the Atkins diet (with the knowlege of what IS and what ISN'T allowed on a candida diet), because I feel better eating more protein than I ate on the other diets. Its not that the other diets were anti-protein, its just that he tells you how to find your body's level of tolerance for carbs. When you go beyond that amount you tend to have less engery and you tend to crave things.

Good luck,
    Annette
  8. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I still think testing is a good idea, however, and well worth the expense. Just taking probiotics, would do nothing to rid the body of parasites, and pathogens. Since candida and bacteria can penetrate a gut that has be made permeable, I think this is an important step in chasing down the toxins in our bodies.
    Karen