Currently taking Wellbutrin Celexa dr prescribed Cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by auntyemnga, Apr 5, 2006.

1. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

I currently take Wellbutrin XL 300mg and Celexa 20mg. I've weaned myself down from 60mg since the first of March.

I've been under a lot of stress lately so I saw my physcologist today. He's taking me off the Celexa and putting me on Cymbalta 60mg.

After 1 week of both Wellbutrin 300mg and the Cymbalta I will drop the Wellbutrin down to 150mg.

Has anybody gone through this same change and how did you do?

Thanks,
    Auntyem
  2. myhiphurts

myhiphurts New Member

I was switched from Paxil 40mg to Cymbalta 60mg by my rhuemy a couple of months ago and it didn't work out well for me at all. The Cymbalta did nothing at all to help the pain any and I became very short-tempered and aggressive while on it. Road rage isn't a good thing for someone like us Fibro people since we can't really fight or run anymore! LOL

Seriously though, it may do wonders for you as it seems everyone reacts very different to each ssri. All you can do is just keep a close eye on things and see. Best of luck!
  3. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I moved from paxil to cymbalta. For awhile I was taking them both and then gradually kept cutting the dose of Paxil. This worked fine for me. Cymbalta has helped my pain tremendously.
  4. auntyemnga

auntyemnga New Member

Thank you both for replying. I took my 1st Cymbalta this morning. I'm just worried because the dr started me off at 60mg.

Auntyem