Custody Finally Settled Illness "irrelevant"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by julieisfree05, Jan 29, 2007.

1. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

IT'S OVER!!

For those of you who've read about the custody fight over my 8 yr old (he was taken from me because the Xyrem made me a "danger" to him overnight), we came to a final agreement a couple of weeks ago!

We share physical and legal custody, alternate weekends and there is NO MORE OVERNIGHT SUPERVISION REQUIRED!!

I've been off the Xyrem for just under a year with no return of symptoms, and my ex finally realized that he had no more ammo against me, so fighting it out in court (at $700 an hour) was futile.

After 14 months of only having him one night out of every 14 and having to have a "responsible adult" with us that night, I took my baby out of town for the weekend!

It's been a long road, but I've felt your prayers and support throughout it.

God Bless you all,

- julie (is free!)

The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off! - Gloria Allred
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Julie, I remember your story and I'm so glad it worked out this way. You deserve a happy ending! Enjoy!

Kathy
  3. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Hope this will be a new begining for you...

God Bless

Chootik
  4. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Hard to believe that people can sink as low as your ex did...

I hope u enjoy your kid and your relationship thrives..

delia
  5. Daisys

Daisys Member

I'm glad it's over, and now you can concentrate on healing and going forward.

It's so great that you haven't had a return of symptoms. I hope you are cured for good.
  6. enjoysue

enjoysue New Member

Congrats on getting over this. I'm sorry that I'm a newbie to the site. Is your ex a control freak by chance?

Even though my ex had criminal charges placed on him for what he did to me plus there was a 2 year restraining order. He is a narcissistic/psychopath who was also a professional salesman who knew how to sell himself off as a loving caring- I didn't do it type of person.

I finally gave up because he had already gotten the oldest to move in with him. He was pulling all kinds of stuff plus contacting me and making my life a living hell and getting off of breaking the restaining order with a slap and a don't do it again or else. He was pissed so it only got worse. I finally gave in and told him he could have it all, the house and the kids. I ran away for 2 months.

He went to the police and said I was in charge of the kids and they tried to charge me with child abandonment. It was dropped.........BUT, before it was totally dropped they charged me again (I don't know why but someday 'I' will set them straight on what was going on)

As luck would have it I'd gotten 5 blood clots in my leg and 2 in my lungs. I was in so much pain and could hardly talk or breath and HE had stolen my insurance card and he refused to give me the numbers so I could go to the hospital. He actually used our oldest to convey the message that if the roles were reversed I'd do the same! I thought how dare he say that about me and to try to be killing me and getting away with it! I finally found his workplace online and wrote them an email and got myself to the hospital before the *** killed me. The day I got in there I found out I was being charged with child abandonment. How does one get charged with that when there was a verbal agreement and plans were laid out.I still don't have an answer for that. I just know he got reamed out from his lawyer, but big deal. I'm on the records and had to spend money for my divorce lawyer to fix this mess.

Anyway I went to a hearing and the charges were dropped and it was shown that the oldest had been staying with him for months so basically he lied. But that doesn't matter because you can look me up online and see the charges. No one realizes you are innocent. Also the day I went over to say goodbye to my oldest, I found out the cops had been there for a fight between the 2 and it wasn't the last. Years latter when I got into the house every door had numerous holes punched in. I found out this year they never had a Christmas tree.He wanted them to only to hurt me and use them as his money tree. He continues to work under the table so he doesn't have to pay much support to me.

It doesn't matter. Though I am in serious pain. I have a MUCH better life than him. When I start speaking thru the state on abuse and he finds out he'll be pissed. Though this will not be done in revenge...it's to help other abused women.....the revenge is just a side reward.

I didn't have a choice. I could no longer take care of my kids.

I just wanted you to know that I probably know what you went thru in all of this. I never really got to see my kids after that though at the time he promised me I could see them whenever I wanted. I kidnapped them for one afternoon and one of them asked me why I never come when I say I am going to. My neck never flung back so fast in my life. I told them because your dad keeps saying no. I could literally write a book, which I intend to. My soap opera would make a good movie. lol My kids and I get along great now and they come back to WI each Christmas and sometimes more. I never talked bad about their dad. I figured they'd learn on their own.

Bless you and I am so glad your nightmare is over. I only pray that your ex is a deserving and good dad. It's in your best interest not to bad mouth your ex even if you think he deserves it. All kids, no matter how horrible their father is, they deserve to love them. I try not to beat myself over the head for picking such a horrible father for my kids. If he's an idiot your son will see it in time. Have a great year!!
  7. julieisfree05

julieisfree05 New Member

Thank you all for your kind responses and good wishes!

For anyone who doesn't know the full story and wants the details, you can search my posts for anything with "Xyrem"
    in the title.

They tell how the Xyrem put me into remission (my doctors don't like to say "cure") and what my ex did to have my child taken from me.

Again, bless you all!

- julie (is free!)
  8. ulala

ulala New Member

I have an appt. with him this week and I have been on Xyrem for about 1 1/2 years. I went through his clinical trial for xyrem and have stayed on it.

Congratulations on winning a fair settlement for all involved. Justice is not alsways served but in your case it sounds like it has been served. Best wishes to many happy, wonderful and cherished moments with your son! I'm sure you have a lot of catching up to do with him and I'm so happy that you and your son will have the opportunity to get back to a normal life!
  9. whoachief

whoachief New Member

That is AWESOME!!!! Enjoy your time with your son.