Custom peptides

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LTPallergy, Sep 17, 2014.

1. LTPallergy

LTPallergy Member

Hello, I am writing here hoping that somebody has heard of this- I am looking for custom peptides, a lab in the United Kingdom used to make them years ago but according to my doc they shut down. I am using peptides shots at the moment but they don't always work that well and now most of my symptoms are back. I was explained that the custom shots are more effective (obvious reasons). On the web I could only find a clinic in Mexico I am asking you guys if you know any other clinic or doctor who could help with customs peptides- Thank you all
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, I finished a round of peptide injections which were developed at Oxford University and its research facility. These injections were not customized to each patient. The one I took was for immune and autoimmune illnesses. These shots got rid of the symptoms of my FMS, RA, CFIDS/ME and Sjogren's Syndrome. I had to go back in for a "booster" injection a year following my series of shots and again recently, another year later. My doctor is Dr. Gomeringer in Ft. Myers, FL. There are only about 25 docs in the U.S. who do these and I've not heard of anyone who does "custom" injections. Good luck.

Love, Mikie
  3. LTPallergy

LTPallergy Member

Thank you Mikie
    As I said I am using the shots too, mine are PA, they should help with food allergies, the first 3 worked really well and this 4 th injection didn't work at all. My symptoms are all back and I'm back with all my previous medicines. I can't help feeling disappointed. Dr Gomeringer mentioned that a lab used to make these " custom shots" in case their more generic solutions didn't work. This lab has shut down. I'm looking for other clinics/labs that offer this same service.