Cute Christmas idea with M & M's

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lydia1, Dec 10, 2013.

1. lydia1

lydia1 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I had posted this over on the Worship board, but I don't think it would hurt to put it here too. Just a cute idea I came across...I am including these in Christmas stockings, in gift bags for the residents at my dad's care center, giving them to our Amish carolers, and using them as Christmas cards at church. The possibilities are endless, and just a thoughtful little thing for anyone that you might want to remember at this time of year.

There is a little poem that you print off, then include it with a small bag of M & M's. I made my papers small enough to fit right in a snack size baggie along with the candies.

Here is the poem...

As you hold these candies in your hand
    and turn them, you will see.
    The M becomes a W, an E, and then a 3.
    They tell the Christmas Story, it's one I'm sure you know.
    It took place in a stable a long, long time ago.
    The E is for the East where the star shone so bright.
    The M is for the Manger where Baby Jesus slept that night.
    The 3 is for the Wisemen bearing gifts when they came.
    W is for Worship, Hallelujah, praise His name.
    So, as you eat these candies or share them with your friends,
    Remember the meaning of Christmas.
    It's a story that never ends.

paulac7 likes this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Julie, this is a great idea. Love it.

Barb found a recipe for some treats we are going to make. They are easy peasy.

You take a small round pretzel and put a piece of Rolo chocolate and caramel candy on top. You put them in the oven at 350 until the candy just starts to melt. While it is soft, you press a pecan half on top. All Wally World had in the full size Rolos, not the tiny miniature ones, was a HUGE bag so I got Hershey candy kisses filled with caramel instead. It will be interesting to taste the difference in mine and Barb's Rolo treats.

Thanks for posting this. The M&M's and story are great!

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Forget the pretzel recipe. The caramel runs out the bottom and makes a mess. AACK! Don't these people test their recipes?

Love, Mikie