.........CUTE JOKE.................. :)..... Shirley & Marcie

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, May 24, 2008.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

Shirley and Marcie

A mom was concerned about her kindergarten son walking to school. He didn't want his mother to walk with him, while of course she wanted to give him the feeling that he had some independence but yet know that he was safe.

So she had an idea of how to handle it. She asked a neighbor if she would please follow him to school in the mornings, staying at a distance, so he probably wouldn't notice her. The neighbor said that since she was up early with her 3 year old anyway, it would be a good way for them to get some exercise as well, so she agreed.

The next school day, the neighbor and her little girl set out following behind Timmy as he walked to school with another neighbor girl he knew. She did this for the whole week.

On Friday, as the two children walked and chatted, kicking stones and twigs along the way, Timmy’s friend asked him,
    "Have you noticed that lady following us to school all week? Do you know her?"

Timmy resignedly replied, "Yeah, I know who she is..."

The little girl said, "Well, who is she?"

'That's just Mrs. Shirley Goodnest, " Timmy replied. "And her daughter Marcie."

"Mrs. Shirley Goodnest? Who is she? - and why is she following us every day?"

"Well," Timmy explained, "every night my Mom makes me say the 23rd Psalm with my prayers, ‘cus she worries about me so much. And in the Psalm, it says, 'Shirley Goodnest and Marcie shall follow me all the days of my life,' so I guess I'll just have to get used to it!"

[This Message was Edited on 05/24/2008]
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Haven't seen ya around for a while.

that Timmy is a pretty smart cookie.

3. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Victoria,

Your little story reminded me of a good friend of mine who was getting ready to send her son off to his first day of school. They decided to go for a little walk before the bus picked him up.

While they were walking, her little boy all of sudden looks at her and say, "Well Mom, I guess this is probably is pretty big day for you!" I still get a chuckle out of that one all these 20 years later.