Cute picture for Easter in profile

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kjade, Mar 22, 2008.

1. kjade

kjade New Member

I thought I would share this pic of my house at Easter....doesn't it look so cute and "spring-like" - can you see all the pretty spring flowers blooming?

I had to check the calendar to see if tomorrow is Easter or Christmas! I am so disgusted. I have these huge Easter eggs that I put out in my yard and in my flower beds - they are all different colors, and look so pretty. Too bad you cannot see them in this pic, as they are covered by the SNOW!!

Oh, well.....maybe next year it will be nice. I bought my daughter a pretty Easter dress - it is sleeveless - now what am I going to do? Put a heavy winter coat over the pretty dress?

If you live in a nice warm climate, please do not be too jealous of this picture!! LOL!!
  2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

I live in Colo. and the big joke around here is that it's more likely to snow @ Easter(thankfully not this year!)then it is @Christmas! I feel your pain!! Jeanne

[This Message was Edited on 03/22/2008]
  3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

What a lovely spring like picture (-: !! I know what you mean about snow for Easter time. I still remember in April many years ago we were all at my mom and dad's in NY (actually Long Island) for Easter dinner. They came all dressed in Easter finery , had 3 little girls at that time.

By the time we left to go home we had to bundle them up some how and DH had to carry them to the car. There was a bunch of snow on the ground already. Luckily, we didn't live to far away. BBBBRR!! So sorry for all your snow. I hope that spring will hurry up and come soon for you and all those who have had more than their share this year.

Oh well sorry for the snow but may you have a wonderful Easter with your family. If it is that cold I guess you will have to put on a windter coat of some sort unlesss it warms up really quick. How old is your daughter?
    We have 4 daughter ans 1 son all grown up now with 8 grandsons and 1 granddaughter now. Some switch huh ???

As long as you have each other and you are safe and warm that is the most important thing.

Happy Easter anyway hon, even with the dumb snow.

Blessings and hugs,

4. ckball

ckball New Member

Puts a whole new meaning to "Snow Bunny",lol

So sorry for the snow hiding all your purrty decorations, doens't seem fair, it was something like 50-60 here at Christmas no snow.

What state do you live in? Carla
  5. victoria

victoria New Member

and feeling bad for you at the same time!!! No Easter Parade there!

I too am curious as to the region you live in... My MIL grew up in the UP/upper peninsula of Michigan, I have pics of snow up to 2nd floor windows from 1930s... I remember her stories all too well about how there was no point in getting a pretty new 'Easter Dress' when it was still so cold/snowy!

all the best,

6. victoria

victoria New Member

I think the Easter Bunny in your area must be of the snowshoe variety....

7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

The house looks so pretty!!! But I agree, it's insane, the Easter Bunnies and the snow bunnies together!!! But there is definitely something serenely beautiful about the untouched snow.

My friend was just here and she cracked up on my front porch. My beautiful cement basket-weaved basket is filled with my collection of velvet bunnies, but they're resting on a big pile of Christmas garland!!! What's wrong with this picture!!?? It was so cold and windy when I was putting the bunnies out that I had to use the garland to anchor them. Go figure..

When I was out before, I saw the guys set up in one of the store parking lots selling Easter plants, and my daughter commented that he looked colder standing there then when he was selling Christmas trees!

Have a wonderful Easter and I hope it's sunny for everyone no matter what part of the country you're in!!!

[This Message was Edited on 03/22/2008]
  8. fivesue

fivesue New Member

The poor Easter Bunny! How will he ever get to your front door to hide eggs, leave baskets?

California isn't so bad, actually. Facing that would put me in a coma.

Hope you melt fast! No one should have that on the second day of spring.

Happy Easter anyway.

9. kjade

kjade New Member

I laughed very hard when I read about the Easter bunny having to wear snow shoes! The poor thing - he will have to tromp through this MUCK to get to the door!! At least dh shoveled the pathway to the door today!

I am in the mid Northeast (sorry don't want to say exactly where). We had a blizzard last year for Easter too - wasn't it sometime in April last year? AND we have had total GREEN Christmas' for the past 2 years!!! What is wrong with this picture!

My daughter is 2....I bought her the most lovely, frilly dress...complete with Easter bonnet and party shoes! I guess I will have to put a sweater over the pretty dress so she does not FREEZE!! I would just have her wear a warm cordouroy (sp?) skirt and top I have for her, but I did NOT spend that kind of $$ on her pretty gown to have it sit in the closet!! is time to get the baskets together for the kids (if they would only JUST GO TO SLEEP!!) So I wanted to wish you all a very Happy Easter!! I hope you all enjoy your day, and don't eat too much!!

We were painting the eggs this evening, and my oldest son started asking everyone what their favorite part of Easter was, and my dh said his dad's ham gravy (yeah I know I can't make it like the BEST!) my oldest son said painting the eggs and being together (awwww) - my 2nd oldest son said his favorite is his basket with all the toys, and my daughter just said "the CANDY"!! She doesn't mince any words, for sure!!

Have a wonderful holiday all!!