CVS and Eckerds

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jenni4736, Oct 12, 2006.

1. jenni4736

jenni4736 New Member

Before CVS bought out Eckerds...my pharmacist was wonderful. She actually led me to a new med for my daughters asthma years ago. She would mail me new drug info and such.

Then CVS bought out Eckerds here in Texas. My dreamy, kind helpful pharmacist disappreared. I have tried several different ones over the years, but the personal touch has been forever lost.

It is really sad that it is gone. These people have our health and our lives in their hands. We barely know there names...and they certainly don't know ours. It is a shame.

Our society is more concerned about getiing things done quickly than right. It is a lesson for all of us. We should remember that next time we are in a hurry ....there is a price for speed and the rush we are always in. The price is service, kindness, and a personal touch.

We should all try to be a bit more patient...the world would be a better place.

Jenni
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The pharmacists were rude to my Mom who was a sweet little lady. We didn't have CVS here until they bought out Eckerds. I loved the pharmacists at Albertsons, which is a leased dept. from Savon; however, their prices were just too high. I now go to Costco and they seem to be every bit as helpful and friendly and the prices are about half. I pay cash and don't use my Pard D and it's cheaper, plus I get a three-month supply.

Love, Mikie
  3. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

I don't think it matters whether it is Eckerds or CVS when it comes to them being rude or giving that personal touch, I just think it depends on the person. I go to the CVS in the town that I live in and they always give me that personal touch and are sooo kind. I can even call ahead and the will get my meds ready and do my shopping in the store for toilet paper, washing detergent ec. anything I need and I can just go through the drive through and pick it up. IT IS WONDERFUL.

Angie
  4. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Well I don't blame you one bit. I would sit at that window and count each one too if I were you. I am on 11 different meds. would they love that if I had to do that. He heee!!

Angie