cycle of pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gymmbabe, Jul 30, 2006.

1. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I have been charting my pain for a while now. I have noticed that I have a severe flare at the same time every month. Does anyone else?

I had a partial hysterectomy several years ago, however, I still have my ovaries....could my flares be caused by crazy hormones??

I am in an awful flare today. Every inch of my body hurts. I'm not sure where my spleen is...but, I'm sure that hurts too!!

Dawn
  2. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Saw that no one as replied to you yet so here goes. My sister and I have fibro, but I've not noticed a cycle with mine. My flairs just seem to come out of nowhere. My sister has never mentioned this either. I'll try to remember to ask her about this the next time I talk to her.

I must say though, that Sis and I both have had total hysterectomies.

Hope someone here can be of more help.

Barb
  3. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

since i am not sure how to help
  4. joanng

joanng New Member

I used to chart my pain (to "prove" to my dr's that it was real and it was never the same type of pain in the same place) but I never noticed a cycle pattern. I still get my period but I'm peri-menopausal however getting closer to the menopause. One doctor was going to put me on testosterone at one point (checked my blood for this), he said there was a study being done saying that people with low levels of testosterone were more apt to suffer from fibro. I left him (for other reasons) so I never tried it and I don't know much about what happens when you have a hysterectomy but its something to "google" maybe for more info. I do notice that my flares are associated with stress (duh, like no one else's are) but otherwise they could pop up at any time. This is interesting. Let's see what we can find out!