Cymbalta and Anxiety

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by WordGirl, Apr 27, 2006.

1. WordGirl

WordGirl New Member

Hi there. I used to post a lot, but haven't been feeling very good for quite a while. Anyway... my psychiatrist prescribed Cymbalta for me this week. I suffer from Depression, Anxiety, ADD, and OCD. (As well as Lupus and Fibro) I decided to look it up here to see what everyone was saying...

I just wanted to note that a lot of you said that it caused greater anxiety when you first started taking it. When my doc prescribed it to me, he also gave me Adavant because he said in the beginning he may cause my to have more anxiety and aggitation until my body gets used to it.

I was just wondering if any of your doctors advised you of that?

Also, I'm suprised by how many said they had weight gain as one of the side effects is supposedly decreased appetitie?

Cynthia
  2. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I've been taking Cymbalta for a little over a year now, at 60 mg, but no 30 mg. It has been pretty successful for my depression, mosyly for anxiety & OCD, and they say also for the pain. I don't want to know what it's like if it didn't help the pain, 'cause it's still awful.

I recently began another Rx, Abilify, for OCD & bipolar, so the doc lowered the dose on the Cymbalta to 30 mg. So far so good, on the non-FM illnesses.

The first 2-3 weeks are very transitional, so I recommend not judging a med during that time, unless it's intolerable. Good luck!

kat