Cymbalta and Drowsiness - Again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ibisgirldc, Sep 7, 2005.

1. ibisgirldc

ibisgirldc New Member

It's been three months and the drowsiness is only marginally better. Yet another day where i am falling asleep at my desk. I'd say that there's no question that I'm falling behind in my work.

I like the cymbalta b/c it seems to have cured a few of my problems: 1) needless to say, I can fall asleep at night and generally, stay asleep for most of it. I'm only waking up 2-3 times instead of 6-7. 2) the pain along teh outside of my legs has subsided significantly. I no longer feel pain rolling onto my side in bed, 3) the stiffness and soreness in my ankles in the morning is still there, but much better. I don't spend 30-60 minutes each morning moving and massaging them so I can get out of bed, 4) not alot of that 'dead-leg' feeling, 5) I wasn't depressed, but i'm in a generally better mood, and more.

So I don't want to go off of this stuff, but it's killing me at work and on weekends. The doc suggested provigil during the day to wake me up, but i just don't want to get on a cycle like that. One pill to sleep and another to wake up seems dangerous. (That's not going against doctor's orders... it was just a suggestion. Moving the time that I took the cymbalta to the PM didn't work anyway since it knocked me out in the morning.)

Which brings me to my questions: anyone have this problem with cymbalta and what did you do about it? Thanks!
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I've been on Cymbalta for almost 2 months. I started out at 30 mg., but it made me too tired. After being put on 20 mg, it worked better.

I wasn't as fatigued, but part of that is due to what time I started taking the Cymbalta. I take it between 4 and 6 p.m. If I take in the a.m. I am tired the entire day. In the evening it makes me have wild dreams and wake up. The time I am taking it at now, seems to be perfect. For me!

When I see the doc again, I am going to asked to be bumped up to 30 mg and see how I do. It has helped breakthrough pain, and with my depression. I happen to be bipolar also.

This is what really helped me!

Hope you find an answer soon!

Kim
  3. rmgrafe

rmgrafe New Member

Yet, because I have no health insurance, I cannot afford it. Do you happen to know how I might be able to get some assistance with this??
    I sent off a letter to Eli Lilly, asking if they would help me.. but they sent me back a letter response saying it takes 5 or 6 months for them to check with my doc.. and make sure it's a "needed" prescription.. blah, blah, blah..
    So, what do I do in the mean time, besides hurt.. day in and day out.. and turn into this physco crazed maniac that never smiles, always depressed... and in drastic need of help..
    Please!!!
    Thanks
    RESA
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I would suggest posting a new topic regarding how to get help with med cost. Or something like that! There have been subjects about this before, and I know others will be able to give you some info!

Good luck!

Kim

PS.......... Have you asked your doc for samples? You may want to try that also. Maybe tell them you can't afford them?