Cymbalta and sleep

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rrsbaby, Aug 29, 2005.

1. rrsbaby

rrsbaby New Member

Does anyone have problems waking up at night after starting Cymbalta? I just started 60 mgs every morning. And I am noticing that I wake up every night once at 2 am and then again at 4 am. I try to go to bed at 10 pm, but sometimes dont fall asleep for a while, even though I take Sonata, sleeping pill and Elivil.
    RRSBABY
  2. jesfms

jesfms New Member

cymbalta like so many of the antidepressants wired me and didn't allow me to sleep...because of this my dr suggested i take st. john's wart made by a german company..maybe you could ask your dr about this...also another suggestion might be to see if you could function better on a smaller dose of cymbalta
  3. schaken

schaken New Member

What is sleep? Slept 6 hours last Thursday night. Average about 4 to 5 hours now. I'm on my 2nd day of cymbalta at 60 mg. Took 30 mg for 5 days.

My Doctor is going to start me on lunesta Friday.

Good luck.

Leslie
  4. mommy22

mommy22 New Member

I went off of Cymbalta because it really didn't work for me. One of the problems was the continual lack of sleep. I don't sleep well anyway, but it was even worse on Cymbalta. I was lucky to get 5 hrs and it was never 5 in a row. It might have gotten better w/time, but i had no improvement and got off it. Hope it does improve for you! Sonya
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I also wake up several times a night but I always do, so I don't really know that cymbalta is making me do it.

But I do wake up much earlier each morning than usual, so maybe that is the cymbalta?

I need to refill my lunesta, I hope when I get that refill, I will get better sleep.

The first few days I couldn't tell a differenc in my pain but for the last two nights I can tell a measurable difference. I am on 30 mg. nightly.

The doctor said if it helped the pain, he would increase the dosage.

Did any of you increase the dosage and find it made you sleepier during the day? I think I am sleepier than usual during the day even though I don't have any trouble waking up in the morning.

That is a problem because I was already tired and sleepy!

What do you think? Or what was your experience?

Thank you!
  7. tngirl

tngirl New Member