cymbalta and weight gain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by honkers, Jul 7, 2006.

1. honkers

honkers New Member

Hi all - I have had a bit of success with cymbalta but have had to up it twice to get the same amount of pain relief so I guess there will come a time when it stops working - anyone else had this problem? Also anyone gained weight on this drug?
    Thanks and love to you all Pauline
  2. kasilou

kasilou New Member

Hi,

Yes I have had weight gain and it is very upsetting. Also I had to go back on Vicodin instead of ultram-getting more pain. Am ready to go off of cymbalta but not sure how to do that. Heard that people get brain zaps- not sure what that is.
    Hope you start feeling better, are you still on the cymbalta?
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

plus it never worked for my pain or depression...sweating all over my body 24/7...i hated it..i had myclonic jerkings...

not on it and happy about it.

jodie
  4. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I took it for four months and gained weight too. It did nothing for my pain so I quit taking it.

Good luck,
    Tona
  5. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I have been on it a little over a month and I find that it actually suppresses my appetite so I eat less. The doctor told me to take it at dinner but it wrecked my sleep so I switched to the AM.

I have not lost weight though. I am curious if you gained weight without eating more, or did it make you crave something like sweets, or whatever?

It has all but knocked out my fatigue, but I can't say that it does anything for the pain, but who knows what kind of pain I would have without it.

Sonya
  6. Andrea4

Andrea4 New Member

i've gained about 10 lbs....i've barely been eating because it supresses my appetite. i've been on it for about 4 months. it hasnt helped my pain, my sweating is gross and i just don't feel like myself. i am on 60mg a day. when i see my doc next wed, i am definately going to start weaning off it.
  7. suzetal

suzetal New Member

About 65 lbs. I have been on it for over a year now. I take 120 mg at noon.

It works for my pain with the aide of nueontrin 1800 mg a day.

I have started to loose weight now I dropped 12 lbs in the last 2 months.My doctor told me to eat 6 small meals a day to increase my metabolism .So far its working.

I would never go off it. I have gone from bed ridden for 2 yrs to up and about .I no longer spend my days in bed.I have gotten a bit of my life back.

For Every Day A New Dawn Will Come.......Sue

[ advertisement ]