cymbalta anyone

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LIBBY5, Nov 15, 2005.

1. LIBBY5

LIBBY5 New Member

Are anyone of you taking cymbalta?if so can you explain what it has done for you.
  2. over50

over50 New Member

Hi,Nice to meet you, At the top of this page there is a search box,put Cymbalta in there and keep it on title.There is a ton of info from all of us who tried it.
    I started it,and I had a glimmer of hope,my pain was less and I had more energy.But,then it was gone.I hope it works for you.Oh,I also had very vivid dreams,not bad,just very real and intense.
    Linda
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I have been taking Cymbalta for about a month and a half now, and it has helped the pain in the muscles as well as stopped the migraines. I take 60 mg of Cymbalta in the morning.

Prior to starting the Cymbalta, I began having headaches by 2:00 P.M. each day and couldn't wait to get home from work to start the night meds to have relief. I'm now able to get through the day. Hope it keeps working like it has been. Makes working more tolerable for me.

Jeannette
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

You will be able to find tons of replies re Cymbalta when you do a search!

I have taken Cymbalta for almost a year. I take 60 mg daily; however, I split them up and take 30 mg in the AM and 30 mg in the PM so it doesn't make me sleepy during the day.

It has reduced my overall pain level from fibro.

I used to take Prozac. I quit it one day and started the Cymbalta the next -- and I certainly am glad that I did!!

Janet

P.S. I have had absolutely NO side effects from it, except getting sleepy when I took the 60 mg all at once in the morning.
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i wished it was! no relief w/pain. they satrted me out at 20 mgs, then 30, then 60 mg...sleepy, or wired and can't sleep...jerking in hands, arms, shoulders, legs jerking and then the restless leg syndrome was intensified...and or the depression for me didn't work....

i hve my call out to dr's already so i don't know what i can try now....

and i forgot sweating all over soaking clothes and waking in the middle of the night....yes weight gain 30 lbs in a coupld of months!

i just don't have good results w/antidepressants, which in turns depresses me even more.....

good luck jodie

ps

remember trial by error, and some people have had great results w/this..
  6. lin-z

lin-z New Member

i have been on cymbalta 30 am and 30 pm for 3 months now. I think i noticed a difference at first but it seems to have lost its pizazz. i am still taking it until i find a new rheum. that gives me more than 3 min of his time....give it a try i didnt have any side effects that didnt go away quickly good luck