Cymbalta anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tlc8858, Dec 6, 2006.

1. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

I have been hearing a lot about Cymbalta. Do any of you use it and how is it working for you? What about sexual side effects?
    Tammy
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Hi Tammy,
    You can read about my experience on Cymbalta under the post titled "Cymbalta, does it keep anyone awake at night?"

As far as sexual side effects it worked out great for me, I did experience a loss of libido with the Effexor but the Cymbalta seemed to have the opposite effect. Not sure if it was the drug or just the fact that I felt so much better but I got my sex drive back, at least for the first 4 months of taking it anyway. It doesn't seem to be doing much of anything for me anymore so I have decided to try weaning off of it for a few weeks and then re-starting. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Lynna
  3. tlc8858

tlc8858 New Member

Thanks for the info. I am considering asking my doctor to switch me to this one for a while, but want to do some research on it first.
    Thanks again
    Tammy
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

My son was on Cymbalta. It shut down his sexual drive, which sounds safer for an 18 year old these days but scares us as parents.

Cymbalta raises both the serotonin and dopamine levels in the brain.

I have mild depression, drug resistant and am praying that when I kick CFS (viral based) in the butt, that the depression will lift too. Killing viruses releases toxins too, so I'm told to be patient.

Our bodies make serotonin in the brain from tryptophan (an amino acid). Good sources of tryptophan are turkey, cashews and bananas...oh and milk if you can tolerate it.

I found honey-roasted cashews from a nut company and my family loves it. It helps me sleep and it does help with my depression. Try turkey sausage, turkey bacon.

There was an earlier thread on how to raise dopamine levels. Search "dopamine" on this CFS message board.