Cymbalta does it make you tired at all?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by _randy_, Jul 29, 2007.

1. _randy_

_randy_ New Member

I have taken wellbutrin, zoloft, and effexor. Combined with the chronic fatigue I already have, they all made me feel much more tired and the brain fog was unbearable. It made me fell like an idiot at work and I couldn't get anything done.

In this regard, is Cymbalta any different?

(PS, several years back before the chronic fatigue/EBV problem came about, I did take zoloft and didn't notice fatigue and brain fog that much. It seems like combined with my problem now though it makes it worse.)
  2. woohooo

woohooo New Member

I just read that ssri's stress the adrenals which are already stressed in those of us with fm and cfs. I took this info from a site called stopthethyroidmadness dot com.
    I've also been given cymbalta yet have not started taking it.
  3. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

but we are all different - I feel so much better on Cymbalta.

Wish you luck!
    Kelly
  4. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

is what my dr told me to do. I was prescribed cymbalta 3 days ago. still don't know if I want to stay on it heard a lot of horror stories from others here on the board may switch to effexor...but dr said it makes you tired so take it at night...
  5. HurtsToMove

HurtsToMove New Member

so now I take Cymbalta in the morning. For the first week or so I hardly slept at all, had a ton of energy. After it leveled out I didn't notice any extra fatigue or brain fog. It's worth trying if you have pain issues, definitely helps with that.
  6. shellygwar

shellygwar New Member

I did horrible on cymbalta. I could not sleep. It did not take my pain away and the dry mouth was horrid. I hate anti depressents. The only one I thought helped with pain was wellbutrin. However, for brain fog you need serotonin. I was just put on Lexapro and I hate it also.
  7. JLH

JLH New Member

I have been on Cymbalta for years and it is GREAT!!

It has helped me a lot with my fibro pain.

However, the maintenance dose of 60 mg did make me drowsy all day. But, I fixed that by asking my doc to prescribe it to me in 30 mg capsules so I could take one capsule in the morning and one in the evening. That worked, and I am no longer drowsy all day due to it.

Neurotin has also helped me a lot!