Cymbalta Effexor XR

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherrieTeacup, May 31, 2006.

1. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

Does anyone take it together? If so how are you doing on it?
  2. GiraffeLoverJen

GiraffeLoverJen New Member

I've been wondering about the same thing!! I've been taking Effexor XR 300 mg. daily for the past 5 years, but I have been wondering about adding Cymbalta for added anti-depressant and pain control for my fibro. I too would love to hear if anyone has had success with this pair of meds.
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

not Cymbalta. Since finding this site I have read several messages about using Effexor for pain. I've been on Effexor XR for 8 years, 300 mg a day. I was diagnosed with FMS 10/11 years ago. It has NEVER helped my pain!

I will be interestd in reading the replies you get.

Take care!
  4. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

5. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

6. suzetal

suzetal New Member

I was on effexor but it did nothing for my pain.

My doctor took me off effexor and now I tale 120mg a day of cymbalta.It took about 3 weeks for me to start feeling less pain .Than they added nueontrin .I take 1800 mg a day .

The 2 together have made a big difference for me.

Were not all alike but the two have given me a little piece of my life back.

Take Care

Sue
  7. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

I have been on Effexor off and on mainly for energy, but mine is zapped. Going to doc on Tues for Cymbalta. I also take lyrica 150 mg per day. I feel no relief with Lyrica. My guess, he will prob raise the lyrica. I took neurontin ages ago when they thought this was work related? Had me sicker then a dog!

It is great to hear that some do well with neurontin. I heard Lyrica is another version of it but improved.

So sorry, I have never taken Effexor and Cymbalta at the same time.

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor
  8. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Interesting - sounds like a question for the doc . . .